It is currently Sat Jun 24, 2017 1:24 pm Advanced search

Is Jody at risk?

General welding questions that dont fit in TIG, MIG, Stick, or Certification etc.

Re: Is Jody at risk?

Postby ryanjames170 » Sat Apr 15, 2017 10:00 pm

Farmwelding wrote:Yeah Mr. Tig is a fun guy. Glad that he and the other guy got replaced by Bob. He's not ashamed to make a mistake and is fun to listen to.

Also... I would have never guessed Jodys first name was William.

And as for other videos... I feel like any other videos by someone with experience could be valuable. Certain people may not like the way Jody talks or teaches(I don't know why they would but you never know). Some people may learn better from someone like Dave or anybody really with experience. Different experiences may provide different perspective. Jody-pipe background and airplane. Maybe a structural welder or something like that and then you have a greater background of knowledge and perspective. As long as there is experience and they aren't cocky like Mr. Tig. Other than that it could help others and add to the arsenal.

i will agree with u on BOB he is prety good and like you said is not afreade to mess up and admit it..

as for chuckie.. he kinda quite making good stuff when he moved to texas. if he would not of taken free shit i think he would of been better off..
RM Fab & Products

Miller 2E DC Welder Generator
AHP 160ST
Hobart "Auto Arc" 130
Klutch Plasma 275i Plasma Cutter
HFT 80 amp DC inveter stick
Hobard Oxy Torch using propane.
Metal Man FC125
ryanjames170
Guide

Postby exnailpounder » Sat Apr 15, 2017 10:08 pm

Otto Nobedder wrote:Here's the citation Jody got from AWS, reprinted with permission from the AWS Journal.
Jody%20Page%20003.jpg

Steve S

Jody was rewarded for his committment to the welding profession. chucke was rewarded by YT for having subscribers to his boring videos....BIG difference!
Ifyoucantellmewhatthissaysiwillbuyyouabeer.
exnailpounder
Weldmonger

Postby Farmwelding » Sat Apr 15, 2017 10:39 pm

exnailpounder wrote:
Otto Nobedder wrote:Here's the citation Jody got from AWS, reprinted with permission from the AWS Journal.
Jody%20Page%20003.jpg

Steve S

Jody was rewarded for his committment to the welding profession. chucke was rewarded by YT for having subscribers to his boring videos....BIG difference!

Wait? So you're telling me someone who has welded for decades and has trained hundreds personally and then many more through youtube and has had countless hours behind a hood and then created all of the resources for us like the channel, forum, podcasts, and he'll even some products deserves more respect than a guy who build sketchy oil tanks, gantry cranes, and then get free welders to run his personal shop with? Well what a screwed world we live in then. Gosh chucke is the only YouTube welder we should listen to.

Wait...no that's not it
:lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol:
A student now but really want to weld everyday. Want to learn everything about everything. Want to become a knower of all and master of none.
Instagram: @farmwelding
Nick
Farmwelding
Weldmonger

Postby weldin mike 27 » Sun Apr 16, 2017 6:53 am

AVE, a Canadian chooch meister uses a patereon to fund his videos. I don't like the idea of a continuing payment, I'd rather a one off . But I did buy a ruler from him. Warning: Don't watch his videos unless you like swearing and laughing your ass off.
weldin mike 27
Weldmonger

Postby Louie1961 » Sun Apr 16, 2017 9:29 am

I wonder if it is really less revenue per view or just fewer views. I think fewer people are watching Chuckee2009 after he embarrassed himself on WW.
Hobart Handler 190
Syncrowave 250
Purox Metalmaster
Louie1961
Ace

Postby admin » Sun Apr 16, 2017 11:08 pm

Farmwelding wrote:So a couple of the other channels I follow have talked about YouTube and advertising and how they might be screwed. Wranglerstar and Chucke2009 both have talked about having to go to private contributions to fund their channels because Google and YouTube are playin a game of bs. I guess "right-wing" channels are getting the short end of the stick especially. Now Jody never gets political but you know them millennial californians at Google-welding videos-must have an ulterior motive. Does anyone know if Jody is at risk as well? Now... He could thrive on private donations because so many watch and appreciate his videos, but I don't want to see a valuable channel go down because of this.

I really appreciate the concern but I think I will be ok. Just plugging away.

Jody
admin

Postby JEKS » Mon Apr 17, 2017 4:56 pm

Why do you believe Jody might be at risk?

His videos are well edited, apolitical and focused.

His advertising is minimal and unintrusive.

He doesn't spout to hear his own voice and discusses first hand experience from his varied career.

Taken in whole, this is a recipe for success.

If he chose to discuss politics or religion, he would open himself to criticism.

He hasn't, so I expect he'll be just fine (as he posted a bit before this post).

Good on you Jody!
JEKS

Postby Farmwelding » Mon Apr 17, 2017 7:44 pm

JEKS wrote:Why do you believe Jody might be at risk?

His videos are well edited, apolitical and focused.

His advertising is minimal and unintrusive.

He doesn't spout to hear his own voice and discusses first hand experience from his varied career.

Taken in whole, this is a recipe for success.

If he chose to discuss politics or religion, he would open himself to criticism.

He hasn't, so I expect he'll be just fine (as he posted a bit before this post).

Good on you Jody!

I assumed he walkouts by but you never know those guys at Google. They are taking down simple gun channels and people like wranglerstar-Okay he talked politics-first amendment apply here?- if they take out a guy like wranglerstar for not being "family-friendly" who knows what they would do.
A student now but really want to weld everyday. Want to learn everything about everything. Want to become a knower of all and master of none.
Nick
Farmwelding
Weldmonger

Postby PeteM » Mon Apr 17, 2017 9:20 pm

I just watched a couple of this Wranglerstars videos.

His channel still works just fine. They are demonetizing a lot of content,which is the advertisers choice, but no channels have been "shut down" that I can see.
PeteM
Ace

Postby Farmwelding » Mon Apr 17, 2017 9:27 pm

PeteM wrote:I just watched a couple of this Wranglerstars videos.

His channel still works just fine. They are demonetizing a lot of content,which is the advertisers choice, but no channels have been "shut down" that I can see.

I think most are going to continue doing channel work, but slow down if they can't get some private donations or google decides to back off some.
Nick
Farmwelding
Weldmonger

PreviousNext

Return to Welding Forum General Shop Talk