General welding questions that dont fit in TIG, MIG, Stick, or Certification etc.
Farmwelding
    Thu Mar 10, 2016 11:37 pm

So I was poking around Miller's website today and saw they had just released their dyansty 800- 800 amps of tig welding awesomeness. What are the limits 1000 amps-10000 amps? what about mig-1000 amp mig welders. Is the limit the guns and torches or do these continuing advancing as well? In 25 years am I going to be sitting at a table with dynasty 2000? Those are going to be some thick gloves and thick plate
A student now but really want to weld everyday. Want to learn everything about everything. Want to become a knower of all and master of none.
Instagram: @farmwelding
Nick
    Tue Dec 13, 2016 9:24 pm

Farmwelding wrote:So I was poking around Miller's website today and saw they had just released their dyansty 800- 800 amps of tig welding awesomeness. What are the limits 1000 amps-10000 amps? what about mig-1000 amp mig welders. Is the limit the guns and torches or do these continuing advancing as well? In 25 years am I going to be sitting at a table with dynasty 2000? Those are going to be some thick gloves and thick plate
Probably going to be more of an Apple approach.. The IDynasty 200 with digital controls and automatic facebook updates. Then the whole cycle repeats.
if there's a welder, there's a way
    Sun Oct 27, 2013 10:57 pm

Google twin wire mig welding and you'll see some big guns.

This page has a 900 amp, 100% duty cycle mig gun.
http://www.lincolnelectric.com/assets/U ... /nx240.pdf

1200 amp water cooled one here :D
https://www.dfmachinespecialties.com/mi ... oled-torch

Also, COR-MET makes 3/4"+ stick electrodes :shock: :o :D

Title is wrong in the video, description says it's a 20mm stick
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=qL6jimDI8ro
Dave J.

Beware of false knowledge; it is more dangerous than ignorance. ~George Bernard Shaw~

Syncro 350
Invertec v250-s
Thermal Arc 161 and 300
MM210
Dialarc
Tried being normal once, didn't take....I think it was a Tuesday.
Coldman
    Mon Dec 15, 2014 2:16 am

Then there's the ozzie K-TIG process that uses a 1000 amp 100% duty cycle power source. Check it out.

Sent using Tapatalk
Flat out like a lizard drinkin'

Coldman wrote:Then there's the ozzie K-TIG process that uses a 1000 amp 100% duty cycle power source. Check it out.

Sent using Tapatalk
I'm guessing these higher amps >500 are primarily for machine torches?
Richard
Website
Coldman
    Mon Dec 15, 2014 2:16 am

Huge capital cost gives very high speed auto or semi auto single pass production welds on unprepped thick material.

Sent using Tapatalk
Flat out like a lizard drinkin'
WildWestWelder
    Mon Apr 03, 2017 7:43 pm