General welding questions that dont fit in TIG, MIG, Stick, or Certification etc.
    Thu Jan 06, 2011 11:40 pm

More specifically, a nephew.

Paul Brinegar, ZTFab, from the podcast, has a nephew in medical crisis, and his sister (the boy's mom) has a gofundme page.

If you include ZTFAB in the comments, every $5 contributed equals a raffle ticket for one of his awesome custom welding cart kits, as well as a stubby gas lens set and deerskin TIG gloves contributed by welddotcom.com

Check it out, and help if you can.

https://www.gofundme.com/help-for-justin-brinegar

Steve S
motox
    Thu Nov 28, 2013 12:49 pm

done...
craig
htp invertig 221
syncrowave 250
miller 140 mig
hypertherm plasma
morse 14 metal devil
exnailpounder
    Thu Dec 25, 2014 9:25 am

Done!
Ifyoucantellmewhatthissaysiwillbuyyouabeer.

Done
Miller Bobcat 225
Tweco Fabricator 211i
AHP AlphaTIG 200x
Lincoln SP-135+
Hypertherm Powermax 30 Air
ProStar O/A torch
cj737
    Thu Sep 29, 2016 8:59 am

Cart is a nice incentive, but honestly, the need to help anyone in our community outweighs any compensation. Sure hope they all come thru with shining colors!

Done
Richard
Website
    Thu Jan 06, 2011 11:40 pm

Good on y'all!

The prize package for the raffle has grown. I'm pleased that doesn't mean much here, but I'm also pleased that sponsors have jumped on board to sweeten the pot to entice the uncaring/unwilling to chip in a dead Lincoln bill. There's a ton of awesome tools and swag, now. I'm almost emotional that so many companies have stood up to help out.

Steve S
motox
    Thu Nov 28, 2013 12:49 pm

if i win the stuff ill raffle it off and donate the proceeds to the cause.
(fact being I'm notary lucky though)
craig
htp invertig 221
syncrowave 250
miller 140 mig
hypertherm plasma
morse 14 metal devil
cj737
    Thu Sep 29, 2016 8:59 am

motox wrote:if i win the stuff ill raffle it off and donate the proceeds to the cause.
craig
You and me both.

I've got a little boy who was diagnosed with Type 1 diabetes. The support and donations he received overwhelmed me. I've never forgotten the kindness of strangers, the force of momentum that charity from a connected community can generate. I donated yesterday, then saw Amanda's update and their approach to the goal, and had to donate again, something a tad more meaningful.

I may weld steel, but truth is, I'm as mushy on the inside about kids/health issues as an overcooked piece of aluminum :oops: