General welding questions that dont fit in TIG, MIG, Stick, or Certification etc.
    Thu Jan 06, 2011 11:40 pm

Olivero wrote:
exnailpounder wrote: I just wet a greenie pad and sprinkle the powder on it and work it into the pad and then just scrub the welds and leave it sit for a few minutes and then rinse or wipe it off. Makes stainless welds look like they grew there. It's freaking awesome on copper too. I use it to clean old copper pipes when I am sweating new pipes to old.
Damn, I had no idea. Does the green scrubbie not scratch the stainless?
There's a blue scrubby, that has no abrasive.

Steve
    Tue Dec 13, 2016 9:24 pm

Cool, so what make a paste with a bit of water and let it sit, wipe it off and that's all?
if there's a welder, there's a way
exnailpounder
    Thu Dec 25, 2014 9:25 am

Olivero wrote:Cool, so what make a paste with a bit of water and let it sit, wipe it off and that's all?
You might have to rub a bit but its acid so....try a test piece to see what you need to do.
Ifyoucantellmewhatthissaysiwillbuyyouabeer.
motox
    Thu Nov 28, 2013 12:49 pm

jeff
have you ever used the liquid type?
craig
htp invertig 221
syncrowave 250
miller 140 mig
hypertherm plasma
morse 14 metal devil
exnailpounder

motox wrote:jeff
have you ever used the liquid type?
craig
Never have. I started using the powder on recommendation from a friend who also welds on kegs for homebrewers. It just looks better to return a keg to the owner with the welds nice and clean and bright rather than colored and I know the brewers all use it too. I would assume the liquid works just as well.
    Tue Dec 13, 2016 9:24 pm

I am gonna have to give this a shot, thanks.
if there's a welder, there's a way
    Mon Feb 09, 2015 4:48 pm

That stuff does work well, a friend and I are home brewers. He has a Nano Stout 3V setup mine is a Spike system we both use Bar Keepers to clean the kettles, never thought to use it to clean welds. Always learning something around here!! ;)
Pete

Esab SVI 300, Mig 4HD wire feeder, 30A spool gun, Miller Passport, Dynasty 300 DX, Coolmate 4, Spectrum 2050, C&K Cold Wire feeder WF-3, Black Gold Tungsten Sharperner, Prime Weld 225

pgk wrote:That stuff does work well, a friend and I are home brewers. He has a Nano Stout 3V setup mine is a Spike system we both use Bar Keepers to clean the kettles, never thought to use it to clean welds. Always learning something around here!! ;)
When Jeff and home-brew beer are in the conversation, expect to learn at least one new thing...

Steve
exnailpounder

Otto Nobedder wrote:
pgk wrote:That stuff does work well, a friend and I are home brewers. He has a Nano Stout 3V setup mine is a Spike system we both use Bar Keepers to clean the kettles, never thought to use it to clean welds. Always learning something around here!! ;)
When Jeff and home-brew beer are in the conversation, expect to learn at least one new thing...

Steve
When I made my own beer...I added MUCH more sugar( malt wasn't doing the job) than was needed to give my beer the extra kick...Extra priming sugar helps a whole lot too. Now I just drink shine or vodka...not necessarily to excess 8-) Anybody "learn" learn anything? :lol:

I've learned you're going to be a lot of fun to hang with, when I
comecollectthatbeeryouoweme.

Steve
exnailpounder

Otto Nobedder wrote:I've learned you're going to be a lot of fun to hang with, when I
comecollectthatbeeryouoweme.

Steve
:lol: I gotta change that...if all you guys come calling at the same time, I'm gonna get my ass whooped.
Poland308
    Thu Sep 10, 2015 8:45 pm

And be out of beer to nurse the wounds!
I have more questions than answers

Josh