It is currently Sun Sep 24, 2017 3:08 pm Advanced search

Affordable welder worth it?

General welding questions that dont fit in TIG, MIG, Stick, or Certification etc.

Affordable welder worth it?

Postby Brettmm92 » Fri May 12, 2017 11:47 am

I've been looking around for multiprocess machines and found out about these really cheap Eastwoods that come with about everything for under $650 brand new. Does anyone have any experience with them? They are so cheap and small that I feel like they'd be worth it to have around.

http://www.eastwood.com/eastwood-mp200i.html
I wish I could do things for the second time, the first time.
Brettmm92
New Member
 
Posts: 12
Joined: Wed May 10, 2017 11:58 pm
Location: North Carolina

Re: Affordable welder worth it?

Postby exnailpounder » Fri May 12, 2017 5:16 pm

Brettmm92 wrote:I've been looking around for multiprocess machines and found out about these really cheap Eastwoods that come with about everything for under $650 brand new. Does anyone have any experience with them? They are so cheap and small that I feel like they'd be worth it to have around.

http://www.eastwood.com/eastwood-mp200i.html

I don't know about their welder but I own some of their equipment and they are awesome about standing behind their products. The manager of the store in Alsip Illinois told me that their products are chinese but they are high quality chinese. I don't know if I have ever heard those two words used in the same sentence before but the manager made sure to point out that they will stand behind their products. I have no complaints about the things I have bought. Way better than Horrible Fright.
Ifyoucantellmewhatthissaysiwillbuyyouabeer.
exnailpounder
Weldmonger
 
Posts: 2461
Joined: Thu Dec 25, 2014 9:25 am
Location: near Chicago

Re: Affordable welder worth it?

Postby Farmwelding » Fri May 12, 2017 5:30 pm

exnailpounder wrote:
Brettmm92 wrote:I've been looking around for multiprocess machines and found out about these really cheap Eastwoods that come with about everything for under $650 brand new. Does anyone have any experience with them? They are so cheap and small that I feel like they'd be worth it to have around.

http://www.eastwood.com/eastwood-mp200i.html

I don't know about their welder but I own some of their equipment and they are awesome about standing behind their products. The manager of the store in Alsip Illinois told me that their products are chinese but they are high quality chinese. I don't know if I have ever heard those two words used in the same sentence before but the manager made sure to point out that they will stand behind their products. I have no complaints about the things I have bought. Way better than Horrible Fright.

High quality Chinese is three words by the way :lol:

Regardless, Eastwood seems to make some solid equipment especially geared toward automatve equipment. I personally haven't used their welders, but I've heard they are solid and for $650 for all that that seems like a decent deal especially if you can get parts at a local store or you have a question.
A student now but really want to weld everyday. Want to learn everything about everything. Want to become a knower of all and master of none.
Instagram: @farmwelding
Nick
Farmwelding
Weldmonger
 
Posts: 1272
Joined: Thu Mar 10, 2016 11:37 pm
Location: Wisconsin

Re: Affordable welder worth it?

Postby exnailpounder » Fri May 12, 2017 5:36 pm

Farmwelding wrote:
exnailpounder wrote:
Brettmm92 wrote:I've been looking around for multiprocess machines and found out about these really cheap Eastwoods that come with about everything for under $650 brand new. Does anyone have any experience with them? They are so cheap and small that I feel like they'd be worth it to have around.

http://www.eastwood.com/eastwood-mp200i.html

I don't know about their welder but I own some of their equipment and they are awesome about standing behind their products. The manager of the store in Alsip Illinois told me that their products are chinese but they are high quality chinese. I don't know if I have ever heard those two words used in the same sentence before but the manager made sure to point out that they will stand behind their products. I have no complaints about the things I have bought. Way better than Horrible Fright.

High quality Chinese is three words by the way :lol:

Regardless, Eastwood seems to make some solid equipment especially geared toward automatve equipment. I personally haven't used their welders, but I've heard they are solid and for $650 for all that that seems like a decent deal especially if you can get parts at a local store or you have a question.

Now you're paying attention...but at least I can SPELL :lol: I have been sitting on my deck watching my Orioles and hummingbirds and drinking screwdrivers all afternoon...so don't harsh my mellow bud 8-) My wife will do that when she gets home :lol:
Ifyoucantellmewhatthissaysiwillbuyyouabeer.
exnailpounder
Weldmonger
 
Posts: 2461
Joined: Thu Dec 25, 2014 9:25 am
Location: near Chicago

Re: Affordable welder worth it?

Postby weldin mike 27 » Fri May 12, 2017 6:04 pm

Phillips head or flat head?
User avatar
weldin mike 27
Weldmonger
 
Posts: 3355
Joined: Fri Apr 01, 2011 10:59 pm
Location: Australia; Victoria

Re: Affordable welder worth it?

Postby Poland308 » Fri May 12, 2017 7:58 pm

I believe he uses the torques.
I have more questions than answers

Josh
Poland308
Weldmonger
 
Posts: 2177
Joined: Thu Sep 10, 2015 8:45 pm
Location: Iowa

Re: Affordable welder worth it?

Postby Otto Nobedder » Fri May 12, 2017 8:13 pm

weldin mike 27 wrote:Phillips head or flat head?


A standard screwdriver is made with orange juice.

A Phillips screwdriver is made with Milk of Magnesia.

Steve
User avatar
Otto Nobedder
Weldmonger
 
Posts: 8386
Joined: Thu Jan 06, 2011 11:40 pm
Location: Near New Orleans

Re: Affordable welder worth it?

Postby LtBadd » Fri May 12, 2017 10:02 pm

weldin mike 27 wrote:Phillips head or flat head?

or as some would say a + or a - (a plus or a minus) :lol: :lol: :lol:
Richard

Insert witty, sarcastic, or philosophical remark here.
User avatar
LtBadd
Weldmonger
 
Posts: 1323
Joined: Sun Apr 12, 2015 4:00 pm
Location: Clearwater FL

Re: Affordable welder worth it?

Postby cj737 » Sat May 13, 2017 7:55 am

Poland308 wrote:I believe he uses the TORX.
FTFY ;)
cj737
Weldmonger
 
Posts: 515
Joined: Thu Sep 29, 2016 8:59 am

Re: Affordable welder worth it?

Postby exnailpounder » Sat May 13, 2017 8:05 am

Sooooo...I almost pulled the trigger on Eastwoods 250 amp tig welder but I rarely tig anything that thick to use that many amps. I would trust Eastwood.
Ifyoucantellmewhatthissaysiwillbuyyouabeer.
exnailpounder
Weldmonger
 
Posts: 2461
Joined: Thu Dec 25, 2014 9:25 am
Location: near Chicago

Next

Return to Welding Forum General Shop Talk