General welding questions that dont fit in TIG, MIG, Stick, or Certification etc.
exnailpounder
    Thu Dec 25, 2014 9:25 am

Otto Nobedder wrote:This is NOT AC/DC. It's the Bob Rivers Players.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=O-4lk2-UA_I

Steve
:lol: This thread sure took an odd twist didn't it? :lol:
Ifyoucantellmewhatthissaysiwillbuyyouabeer.
    Thu Jan 06, 2011 11:40 pm

exnailpounder wrote: :lol: This thread sure took an odd twist didn't it? :lol:
He said, sheepishly...

(Who remembers Tom Swifties?)

Steve
Artie F. Emm
    Thu Jul 24, 2014 7:53 am

Otto Nobedder wrote: (Who remembers Tom Swifties?)

Steve
Based on some posts, you have a deep and comprehensive knowledge of Boy's Life humor! :D (We get three copies delivered to our house.)
Dave
aka "RTFM"

Artie F. Emm wrote:
Otto Nobedder wrote: (Who remembers Tom Swifties?)

Steve
Based on some posts, you have a deep and comprehensive knowledge of Boy's Life humor! :D (We get three copies delivered to our house.)
Guilty as charged...
AKmud
    Fri Jan 25, 2013 1:47 am

I'm under Rob's Welding and Fabrication on FB and robsweldingandfab on Instagram.
    Sat Mar 30, 2013 11:49 am

Fishing for followers Nick? ;) 8-)

@68andersk on IG
Farmwelding
    Thu Mar 10, 2016 11:37 pm

AndersK wrote:Fishing for followers Nick? ;) 8-)

@68andersk on IG
I figured someone would say that :lol:
Just wanted a place to share with everyone. Don't care about likes of how many followers.
A student now but really want to weld everyday. Want to learn everything about everything. Want to become a knower of all and master of none.
Instagram: @farmwelding
Nick
    Sat Mar 30, 2013 11:49 am

Farmwelding wrote:Don't care about likes of how many followers.
..and soon you'll say you don't believe in father Christmas too :lol:

Just teasing, knew your intent was good.

Don't go defensive, receive shit then throw more shit back. ;)
Was expecting to get some back since I posted my I'd with such comment. :mrgreen:
BlueDiver
    Wed May 24, 2017 8:53 pm

Otto Nobedder wrote:
Supposing I divorce and date again, what age group do you see me pursuing? I'm pushing 50...

Steve

18-80....
    Sun Jan 15, 2017 1:08 am

@5thstreetfabshop on instagram

Sent from my SM-G920V using Tapatalk

BlueDiver wrote:
Otto Nobedder wrote:
Supposing I divorce and date again, what age group do you see me pursuing? I'm pushing 50...

Steve

18-80....
...fair enough.

Steve

Well, amazingly, one place you might find me is at Playmaker's Theater in Covington, LA.

I got a wild hair, stepped out of my comfort zone, and auditioned for a play. A musical production of Saturday Night Fever. I'm 48 and have never been in theater at all, so I thought that was the end of it. Thursday, the director messaged me, asking if I could be there for a full cast read today at noon. The stage manager hadn't even sent out the invites yet...

I'm all in, with anything I agree to do, so yes, I was there. I'm still not sure what roles (yes, that's plural) I'll have, and my other talents are going to help the stage carpenters set the scenes. I read three roles, one of which I did not expect.

I thought, if I were lucky, I'd get to put in one voice for three or five lines, and would be able to bullshit about my brief career in theater...

Now, I have to get used to speaking in a Brooklyn accent (almost identical to lower-9th-ward New Orleans).

I have to admit, I didn't expect today to be as much fun as it was (and it was actually somewhat tedious), so I think, even if I never do this again, I'm going to have a great story when I'm done.

When I spoke on the podcast about deciding when a job has taught you everything it's going to and moving on to the next, I did not do justice to the "stepping out of your comfort zone" aspect of making that decision and taking that act. I regret that. It's a big part of the decision process, being sure you're comfortable taking the risk of giving up something secure for something that may or may not prove better. Taking this wild random stab into theater has sharply reminded me. I lose nothing if I fail miserably, other than pride, but it drives the point home for me that I'm exposing myself to the risk of (very public) failure.

Steve
Farmwelding
    Thu Mar 10, 2016 11:37 pm

Steve, I do theater stuff at school(I don't enjoy it all that much but I still do it) and my biggest advice is memorize those lines early man. And oh yeah, congrats...shame I don't live in the area or I'd go and see it.
A student now but really want to weld everyday. Want to learn everything about everything. Want to become a knower of all and master of none.
Instagram: @farmwelding
Nick

Thanks, Nick,
Here's my quandary...
The theater seats MAYBE 100, I haven't counted, and the seats are all (ALL!) top quality leather and extremely comfortable. Tickets are typically $30 for adults, which is reasonable for professional theater, but a little high for community theater.
I'm not sure I'm not in a talent scouting arena.
I'm not sure what the director sees in me... He contacts me on facebook with questions about things my skills may help with regarding stage carpentry, and has me reading three parts (I've actually read five parts for him).
I'm not looking for more than to do this once (Okay, it's nine performances), unless the shoe fits.

Steve
motox
    Thu Nov 28, 2013 12:49 pm

steve
bring you hand tools to the first practice ...lol
craig
htp invertig 221
syncrowave 250
miller 140 mig
hypertherm plasma
morse 14 metal devil

motox wrote:steve
bring you hand tools to the first practice ...lol
craig
LOL!

First rehearsals were held today. It's stunning to see it come together from the inside like this!

So far, I'm having the time of my life. This is great fun. I'd never have dreamed I'd see it that way.

When the lights come up, I'll be the first person the audience sees.

Steve
motox
    Thu Nov 28, 2013 12:49 pm

first rehearsals were held today. It's stunning to see it come together from the inside like this!

So far, I'm having the time of my life. This is great fun. I'd never have dreamed I'd see it that way.

Steve

get some video for us fans that can not attend...
craig
htp invertig 221
syncrowave 250
miller 140 mig
hypertherm plasma
morse 14 metal devil

motox wrote:first rehearsals were held today. It's stunning to see it come together from the inside like this!

Steve

get some video for us fans that can not attend...
craig
Craig, it's entirely likely there will be a DVD, and I will likely get one.

I have no qualms with sharing this experience. I seriously don't recall the last time I had this much fun with my clothes on.

Steve
    Tue May 09, 2017 9:33 pm

5th Street Fab wrote:@5thstreetfabshop on instagram

Sent from my SM-G920V using Tapatalk
If you're the same one I'm thinking of I've seen some of your youtube vids. Good job and good explanation and techniques in the videos.