General welding questions that dont fit in TIG, MIG, Stick, or Certification etc.
exnailpounder
    Thu Dec 25, 2014 9:25 am

LtBadd wrote:I guess with that one, electrode just became a heavy hitter :lol:

Look, he turned red...congrats on 400 posts, hope most of them were helpful... :lol:
I think it's more like "Heavy Bullshitter" :lol: :lol:
Ifyoucantellmewhatthissaysiwillbuyyouabeer.
Farmwelding
    Thu Mar 10, 2016 11:37 pm

exnailpounder wrote:

Look, he turned red...congrats on 400 posts, hope most of them were helpful... :lol:
Then what does make you heavyweight champion bullshitter? :lol:
A student now but really want to weld everyday. Want to learn everything about everything. Want to become a knower of all and master of none.
Instagram: @farmwelding
Nick
electrode
    Wed Nov 02, 2016 5:02 pm

Farmwelding wrote:
exnailpounder wrote:

Then what does make you heavyweight champion bullshitter? :lol:
:lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: Or maybe a Wisconsin cow pie?
exnailpounder
    Thu Dec 25, 2014 9:25 am

Tough crowd today. :?
Ifyoucantellmewhatthissaysiwillbuyyouabeer.
electrode
    Wed Nov 02, 2016 5:02 pm

exnailpounder wrote:Tough crowd today. :?
Well now that I am a "Heavy Hitter" I have to tow the mark now more than ever. :D
    Thu Feb 08, 2018 4:13 pm
    Okanagan Valley, British Columbia, Canada

LtBadd wrote:Has anyone used this Heat Paste?

In the review section for this product it says that it is reusable.

Heat Stop Paste - outstanding product

I have seen this product offered generically for twice the price charged here. I have used Heat Stop for more than 30 years, and have never been dissappointed. I have used it with TIG, MIG, Wirefeed, Stick, Plasma, and Gas with consistant results. Using as little as a 1/2 inch diameter "noodle" of Heat Stop carefully packed like play doh to within 1/8 inch (even less for TIG) of a weld zone on every side (simply in contact with the metal, it is not sticky), it WILL stop the heat affected zone of discoloration to just under the edge of the Heat Stop nearest the weld when it would otherwise discolor a full inch to either side. This means minimal spoiling of original case colors and minimal change to the metallurgy of heat treated parts!. Not advertized but a fact:: the used portion turns to a whitish crust when it stops weld zone heat from spreading. This is due to Eutectic phase transformation, like icewater staying at 32 degrees until all the ice melts. The used (crusty) portion may be returned to the container after being mixed with a few drops of water and reused indefinately. Likewise, if the product appears to have dried out over several years, just kneed in a bit of water and allow it to sit overnight in the tightly closed container. I had a used batch still working after 10 years when I gave it to an unbeliever to try. It had paid for itself the first time I used it to gas-weld on a bolt handle without annealing the rest of the bolt or handle! Use Heat Stop with Brownells 3-1/2 percent nickle weld rod and gain a reputation for working miracles on unknown iron alloys from bygone eras! Obtain incredible results on small parts requiring welding that would normally turn fully red-hot end-to-end! Bob F (Retired Tooling Engineer)
Was this helpful? Yes - 11 No - 0
So did you purchase this product? Could you do a test on the side of a stainless steel weld that you would use a argon purge box for?
I was thinking this would ensure an oxygen-free weld zone for improved weld quality on stainless steel?
Last edited by bcboy on Sat Feb 10, 2018 12:26 am, edited 1 time in total.
Lincoln Electric AC-225 Stick Welder Canadian Tire
MIG 100E Flux-Cored Wire Feed Welder Princess Auto
PowerTIG 250EX Everlast Power Equipment
Ironton Dry Cut Metal Saw — 14in, on it's way Northern Tool
    Thu Feb 08, 2018 4:13 pm
    Okanagan Valley, British Columbia, Canada

Poland308 wrote:I haven't used that but I was recently shown this.
I plan on getting a can soon. It was priced at about 25$
Do you have this product? Could you do a test too?
Lincoln Electric AC-225 Stick Welder Canadian Tire
MIG 100E Flux-Cored Wire Feed Welder Princess Auto
PowerTIG 250EX Everlast Power Equipment
Ironton Dry Cut Metal Saw — 14in, on it's way Northern Tool
Poland308
    Thu Sep 10, 2015 8:45 pm

I’ll buy some this summer when the AC season starts up. But the guys I work with have been using it on brazing real thin copper or brass tubes and fittings to protect other things in the system like delicate control valves or plastic body pressure switches.
I have more questions than answers

Josh