General welding questions that dont fit in TIG, MIG, Stick, or Certification etc.
    Thu Jan 06, 2011 11:40 pm

If you want the broadest range of jobs you can work, SMAW/stick is the way to go. I wouldn't stop studying other processes, but if you re-read what I posted, lots of broad stick experience helped lead me where I am today. A person talented in 6010/7018 basic pipe can find good paying work anywhere in the world. Keep in mind, the best paying of these are expecting 72-84 hours a week or even more. It's a ton of money and no time to spend it, but it can be very exhausting. I preferred sticking to 60 hours a week, just to have time to cook, wash clothes, and bathe. I rarely did 72 hrs. for more than a few weeks.

Of course, I was nearly 40 when I started that journey...

Steve
    Thu Jan 06, 2011 11:40 pm

Farmwelding wrote:
And as for the podcast, I have to say that Steve's and Jason Moser's visit were my favorite.
Wow,

Thank you for that!

I really enjoyed Jason's as well.

I hate to say it, but my favorite podcast so far has always been "the newest one"... They are either getting better or the next one is just fresh. Either way, I don't care. The new one is the best one, every time.

Steve
Farmwelding
    Thu Mar 10, 2016 11:37 pm

Never plan on stopping the learning process. Get a good set up at home and burn some rod and wire on the weekends and maybe start a small fab business by myself
A student now but really want to weld everyday. Want to learn everything about everything. Want to become a knower of all and master of none.
Instagram: @farmwelding
Nick