General welding questions that dont fit in TIG, MIG, Stick, or Certification etc.
mpete53
    Sun Mar 06, 2016 11:33 am

I have a very small welding shop and need keep tool handy yet out of the way. So here is my simple grinder rack.
Attachments
IMG_1940.JPG
IMG_1940.JPG (39.9 KiB) Viewed 1109 times
IMG_1941.JPG
IMG_1941.JPG (60.85 KiB) Viewed 1109 times
homeboy
    Mon Dec 19, 2016 11:52 pm

My kind of functional fixture that works and is easily moved if needed ( couple of tapcons from the look of it) and adheres to the K.I.S.S. principal ( Keep It Simple Stupid ) From the picture it looks like possibly in a basement and if so I wonder how you ventilate the welding fumes and grinding dust? Bare walls are a valuable resource in any shop to hang stuff to free up floor space. :D :geek:
mpete53
    Sun Mar 06, 2016 11:33 am

actually it is in a stair well for my basement outside stairs. I but the wooden stair on wheels so I can drag them into the basement when I want to use the welding shop. I like the fact that the entire shop is either poured concrete or steel. I do tig welding inside and stick outside but I have Bilco steel doors are over head so I can get as much ventilation as I want.
olek
    Sat Jun 03, 2017 4:07 pm

I gained space by using spring balancers so my electric cords and many tubes come from the ceiling.

There are chinese cery cheap balancers that ar good to store in upoer position electric screwdriver, drill, some hand tools.

I also made a movable "bridge" with 3 supports intended for doors.
2 parallel provide a rail for the main one. I had to because I use a very heavy Flex polisher . I find a new zero gravity balancer 4 7 kg that is perfect to lighten that tool.
The rails have different chariots that hold for instance the fumes and dust extraction tubing .

I like the rack for the grinders...
Pianos , restorer and tuner
Dedicated to learn welding since april
slowly learning ;) not complaining of doing beads and beads
pro inverter PROGYS 200 FV PFC CEL+tig lift
OA Oxyflam 1000 cutting and welding gas torch