General welding questions that dont fit in TIG, MIG, Stick, or Certification etc.
    Tue Aug 19, 2014 2:34 am

Even though my phone has an otterbox case and I shut it in a drawer in my toolbox when working in my shop, every couple days it gets to where no one can hear me on it. I take an air nozzle and blast all the mic openings and then it seems ok for a day or so. I'm just wondering if anyone else has this problem.

Cheers
-EB
We are not lawyers nor physicians, but welders do it in all positions!

Miller Dynasty 280DX
Lincoln 210 MP
Miller 625 X-Treme
Hobart Handler 150
Victor Oxygen-acetylene torch
Miller/Lincoln Big 40-SA200 hybrid
noddybrian
    Thu Jan 24, 2013 12:13 pm

Yes - I think anywhere you do much grinding it happens - mine was getting worse each time I did it recently so I swapped out the earpiece ringer & mic out of another old one - it's amazing how loud it is now - I thought I was going deaf (er) !
Farmwelding
    Thu Mar 10, 2016 11:37 pm

I have that too not just with welding and grinding. Slid down a hole once and other farm work. Another problem is when I leave it in the pocket I'll pull out lint and small metal shavings whenever the old girl stops charging.
A student now but really want to weld everyday. Want to learn everything about everything. Want to become a knower of all and master of none.
Instagram: @farmwelding
Nick
Poland308
    Thu Sep 10, 2015 8:45 pm

Microphones and speakers have permanent magnets. So they suck up anything magnetic.
I have more questions than answers

Josh
Farmwelding
    Thu Mar 10, 2016 11:37 pm

Poland308 wrote:Microphones and speakers have permanent magnets. So they suck up anything magnetic.
Yep knew a guy who was a lathe operator and didn't think about it and mounted a big Bluetooth bar speaker above his lathe. Pretty soon the chips were going up and hanging on the speaker.
A student now but really want to weld everyday. Want to learn everything about everything. Want to become a knower of all and master of none.
Instagram: @farmwelding
Nick
homeboy
    Mon Dec 19, 2016 11:52 pm

I leave my phone in my pocket and haven't had much problem but I am wondering if it would help to put the phone in a small felt bag ( think Crown Royal mickey size) if that would filter out the crap but allow air flow to prevent any possible battery heating up like in a sealed case :?: :geek: