It is currently Sat Oct 21, 2017 1:47 pm Advanced search

I apologize...

General welding questions that dont fit in TIG, MIG, Stick, or Certification etc.

Re: I apologize...

Postby Popeye the old miner » Wed Jun 07, 2017 9:38 pm

Have a blast.... ummm.... I'm thinkin there is a saying in that busness about breaking a leg....well don't do that for real but break a leg. Shucks just go have fun
Popeye the old miner
Workhorse

Postby AndersK » Thu Jun 08, 2017 3:28 am

You're such a drama queen Steve, eat a Snickers :lol:

Have fun and good luck.
AndersK
Weldmonger

Postby Otto Nobedder » Fri Jun 16, 2017 1:26 am

I am having a BLAST with this. It's more fun than I could have possibly imagined. I will spare you the details, but seeing a script become an actual thing is very enlightening. I get excited over incredibly stupid things like getting to wear a flamboyant scarf in a "funeral" scene because it gives me something to do with a free hand...

Every morning, I ask myself, "What the hell is wrong with you? Why are you doing this? What were you thinking? You can't possibly keep it together for this!"

Every evening, I show up for rehearsal, start working, and forget ALL that shit I said in the previous sentence.

This will be good.

Steve
Otto Nobedder
Weldmonger

Postby Artie F. Emm » Fri Jun 16, 2017 6:13 am

Glad to hear you're enjoying it!
Dave
aka "RTFM"
Artie F. Emm
Weldmonger

Postby Poland308 » Fri Jun 16, 2017 4:06 pm

Is there not a little bit of acting every time your face to face with a customer ?
I have more questions than answers

Josh
Poland308
Weldmonger

Postby Farmwelding » Fri Jun 16, 2017 9:28 pm

Poland308 wrote:Is there not a little bit of acting every time your face to face with a customer ?

Not just customers but just about everyone else it seems like. Act like I'm excited for them, act like I care about your relationship problems, act like I care about your problems while I have my own to worry about...
A student now but really want to weld everyday. Want to learn everything about everything. Want to become a knower of all and master of none.
Instagram: @farmwelding
Nick
Farmwelding
Weldmonger

Postby Otto Nobedder » Fri Jun 16, 2017 11:22 pm

Yep.

Now do it in front of 100+ people you've never met who've paid $30 apiece to watch you do it. I get to pretend to be a dance instructor (among other characters, but this one has the most lines and impact). I know absolutely zero about dance, including the terminology in my lines. I also get to be a little flamboyant. The movie says Pete's not gay, but in this adaptation, it's not clear.
Otto Nobedder
Weldmonger

Postby Farmwelding » Sat Jun 17, 2017 12:32 am

Otto Nobedder wrote:Yep.

Now do it in front of 100+ people you've never met who've paid $30 apiece to watch you do it. I get to pretend to be a dance instructor (among other characters, but this one has the most lines and impact). I know absolutely zero about dance, including the terminology in my lines. I also get to be a little flamboyant. The movie says Pete's not gay, but in this adaptation, it's not clear.

Hah ill do you one better. Do it in front of 400 people who paid $15 a piece to see the show some you know most you don't while wearing a clock costume that is about 3'x3' and ways about 50 lbs and then walk up and down a flight of stairs that you have about an inch of clearance on while talking in a British accent making corny clock jokes and get paid nothing. This years wasn't so bad though. I got to be an iron worker and a mason so...I played myself I guess but two years ago was the year of the clock and I couldn't wait for the time to be over for that one. I wish it would have ticked away faster.
A student now but really want to weld everyday. Want to learn everything about everything. Want to become a knower of all and master of none.
Instagram: @farmwelding
Nick
Farmwelding
Weldmonger

Postby MinnesotaDave » Sat Jun 17, 2017 10:47 am

Otto Nobedder wrote:I am having a BLAST with this. It's more fun than I could have possibly imagined. I will spare you the details, but seeing a script become an actual thing is very enlightening. I get excited over incredibly stupid things like getting to wear a flamboyant scarf in a "funeral" scene because it gives me something to do with a free hand...

Every morning, I ask myself, "What the hell is wrong with you? Why are you doing this? What were you thinking? You can't possibly keep it together for this!"

Every evening, I show up for rehearsal, start working, and forget ALL that shit I said in the previous sentence.

This will be good.

Steve

Glad you're having fun, never done it myself but it always looks they enjoyed doing the show. :)
Dave J.

Beware of false knowledge; it is more dangerous than ignorance. ~George Bernard Shaw~

Airco 300 - Syncro 350
Invertec v250-s
Thermal Arc 161 and 300
MM210
Dialarc
Tried being normal once, didn't take....I think it was a Tuesday.
MinnesotaDave
Weldmonger

Postby thespian » Sat Jun 17, 2017 8:08 pm

Take it from me , do not get sucked in. Sure it's fun, but you probably will not make a living doing it.
I am a technical director, for a small theatre in Indianapolis IN, and I see all kinds of people trying to make a living at acting.
Thespian is just an old username I have used forever , my name is Bill
thespian

PreviousNext

Return to Welding Forum General Shop Talk