It is currently Thu Jul 20, 2017 8:38 am Advanced search

I apologize...

General welding questions that dont fit in TIG, MIG, Stick, or Certification etc.

I apologize...

Postby Otto Nobedder » Wed Jun 07, 2017 1:10 am

For those of you who have not been playing along with the home game, I have a significant distraction from the amount of time I normally spend here. This will continue until July 23. I can catch up on weekends, but during the week my time here will be somewhat limited.

[Correction] After July 7, I'll be here more during the week, and less on the weekend.

Just to head off anyone sending flowers for my grave...

Steve
Otto Nobedder
Weldmonger

Re: I apologize...

Postby motox » Wed Jun 07, 2017 6:00 am

steve
i do realize the main reason we are all here is our passion for welding and
welding related topics but there is much more to every individual that belongs to
this forum besides just welding i enjoy reading about some of the no-welding endeavors that the members
i have come to know through this forum have directed their time to apart from welding.
this is a great community where important thoughts are shared but i must admit i can still
appreciate the humor and banter that transpires even if it travels far from the original topic.
so enjoy your new endeavor, life is short. maybe you will still get those flowers but not on your
grave, after your performance!
craig
htp invertig 221
syncrowave 250
miller 140 mig
hypertherm plasma
morse 14 metal devil
motox
Weldmonger

Postby Farmwelding » Wed Jun 07, 2017 8:02 am

Just so long as you enjoy yourself speaking some lines on the stage. I'll miss your responses a little but I think the others in here will get most of it covered while you are working your tail off on the stage but is wont be the same without you. Hope it is a wonderful experience for you and that we maybe will hear a little more about it(see it maybe?-copyright laws don't really matter anyways?) Hope to hear from you again more in July though-unless New York calls.
A student now but really want to weld everyday. Want to learn everything about everything. Want to become a knower of all and master of none.
Instagram: @farmwelding
Nick
Farmwelding
Weldmonger

Postby Artie F. Emm » Wed Jun 07, 2017 12:04 pm

You've been away?

:D Kidding, of course. I must have missed the memo, not playing along at home: what's your "significant distraction"?

No worries, we'll keep the light on for ya.
Dave
aka "RTFM"
Artie F. Emm
Weldmonger

Postby Farmwelding » Wed Jun 07, 2017 3:18 pm

Artie F. Emm wrote:You've been away?

:D Kidding, of course. I must have missed the memo, not playing along at home: what's your "significant distraction"?

He got a couple of bigger roles in a play so he's got to go to a bunch of rehearsals.
A student now but really want to weld everyday. Want to learn everything about everything. Want to become a knower of all and master of none.
Nick
Farmwelding
Weldmonger

Postby PeteM » Wed Jun 07, 2017 4:25 pm

Have fun Otto. I'll try to keep my ability to misinform to a minimum for the next little while. :D
PeteM
Ace

Postby ldbtx » Wed Jun 07, 2017 4:37 pm

Steve,

Have a good time as you release your inner thespian. I've done a bit of that and had a hell of a lot of fun.

Larry
Miller Bobcat 225
Tweco Fabricator 211i
AHP AlphaTIG 200x
Lincoln SP-135+
Hypertherm Powermax 30 Air
ProStar O/A torch
ldbtx
Ace

Postby Farmwelding » Wed Jun 07, 2017 5:10 pm

I forgot to add this-don't apologize for this-doing something you want to do that is. As for another thing-what the hell does thespian mean?
Nick
Farmwelding
Weldmonger

Postby Otto Nobedder » Wed Jun 07, 2017 5:24 pm

Farmwelding wrote:I forgot to add this-don't apologize for this-doing something you want to do that is. As for another thing-what the hell does thespian mean?

Thespian is another word for "actor". It comes from the name "Thespis", which I presume comes from ancient Greek [Edit.. Thespis was a Greek dramatic poet in the 6th century B.C.]. The term originated in the 17th century.

Steve
Otto Nobedder
Weldmonger

Postby Otto Nobedder » Wed Jun 07, 2017 5:28 pm

Farmwelding wrote:
Artie F. Emm wrote:You've been away?

He got a couple of bigger roles in a play so he's got to go to a bunch of rehearsals.

Actually, I have a few small roles scattered in the play... I will, apparently, be the first person the audience sees when the lights come up, though.

I am having a hell of a lot of fun with this.

Steve
Otto Nobedder
Weldmonger

Next

Return to Welding Forum General Shop Talk