General welding questions that dont fit in TIG, MIG, Stick, or Certification etc.
Farmwelding
    Thu Mar 10, 2016 11:37 pm

Does anyone have any reccomendations for somewhat affordable over the glasses safety glasses. Clear, shade 3 and shade 5 possibly. I buy from menards currently and they are the most comfortable I've used but they are only like the third I've tried. They also scratch far too easily and don't seem to hold up. Eventually I suppose I may invest in prescription safety glasses but I won't have that money or ambition until after college and after I've worked for a little while.
A student now but really want to weld everyday. Want to learn everything about everything. Want to become a knower of all and master of none.
Instagram: @farmwelding
Nick
Artie F. Emm
    Thu Jul 24, 2014 7:53 am

Are you talking about safety glasses to wear under a welding hood? To accommodate reader lenses I use a clear and a #5 full face shield (both by Jackson) for o/a, but that won't help under a hood.
Dave
aka "RTFM"
clavius
    Wed Sep 21, 2016 9:32 pm

I know it's not really what you are asking but Don't rule out prescription safety glasses.

If you know what your prescription is (your eye doc will give you this) you can order safely glasses on line for pretty short money. Check out zenni optical (google it) and search sports/safety glasses. If you don't have bifocals or a complex prescription you can get glasses for under 35 bucks.

I get glasses here for my whole family. Prescription has always been spot on with only one exception (out of maybe 40+ orders) which they fixed with zero hassle.

My bifocals are under 100 bucks rather than $400 at the local place and are every bit as good.

Just a thought...

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
Artie F. Emm
    Thu Jul 24, 2014 7:53 am

I didn't even think of Zenni- our family has had good outcome with them too.
Dave
aka "RTFM"
Farmwelding
    Thu Mar 10, 2016 11:37 pm

Looking for standard safety glasses for general shop use. Like I Sadi eventually I will probably invest in them when I have a credit card then I may look at them but I still would like to have normal safety glasses to have around so if I go somewhere I have them
A student now but really want to weld everyday. Want to learn everything about everything. Want to become a knower of all and master of none.
Instagram: @farmwelding
Nick