It is currently Tue Nov 21, 2017 4:03 am Advanced search

AKWeldshop

General welding questions that dont fit in TIG, MIG, Stick, or Certification etc.

AKWeldshop

Postby Coldman » Mon Aug 21, 2017 6:54 am

I just read on ww that John passed away.
Can anyone confirm or know what happened?

Sent using Tapatalk
Flat out like a lizard drinkin'
Coldman
Weldmonger

Re: AKWeldshop

Postby AndersK » Mon Aug 21, 2017 10:38 am

Hope you are wrong...
Way too young to pass away.

Wondered many times what happened with John. Went off grid both here and on IG winter 2016.
AndersK
Weldmonger

Postby jroark » Mon Aug 21, 2017 2:28 pm

Correct me if I'm wrong but wasn't John in his twenties? Great guy! He helped me out with some problems I was having with a Ranger 8 I once owned. I hope the OP is wrong for sure.
jroark
Ace

Postby noddybrian » Mon Aug 21, 2017 2:34 pm

I sincerely hope that's wrong - I really liked the guy & he is WAY too young to have passed - did wonder why he does'nt post here - I just thought maybe he had too little time or other interests got in the way.

Perhaps a moderator could try to establish the truth.
noddybrian
Weldmonger

Postby AndersK » Mon Aug 21, 2017 3:27 pm

I've sent him a message on his IG account, have to wait and see.
AndersK
Weldmonger

Postby Bill Beauregard » Mon Aug 21, 2017 9:31 pm

I'm currently locked out of welding web. My computer was buggered after vacation, no password works, support gets no response.
I just read about it. He was a long time member there. I didn't know his age, but occasionally thought he seemed immature. Eventually, he disclosed his age. I asked why he had kept it secret, he responded that no one respects a kid. I argued that he was wrong, a kid who earns respect will have my respect. He was a great young man who was on the edge of being a great man.
I am deeply saddened to hear of his death. He had more than enough to live for, the rest could be fixed.

I've no idea what went wrong. The finality of addressing problems with suicide breaks my heart. God! I wish we could turn back time, and intervene. A great kid who would have been an asset to the world for at least another 60 years had things gone in a better direction.

Willie
Bill Beauregard
Weldmonger

Postby Otto Nobedder » Tue Aug 22, 2017 6:38 pm

As far as I can tell, it's true. I will not share further until I've confirmed; The obituary will likely appear in Friday's Frontiersman newspaper out of Wasilla, AK.

Steve
Otto Nobedder
Weldmonger

Postby jroark » Tue Aug 22, 2017 7:05 pm

Man that really stinks. I had a real good welder friend of mine do the same thing a few months ago. He was a good guy.
jroark
Ace

Postby Otto Nobedder » Tue Aug 22, 2017 7:14 pm

Apparently, this happened June 23.
He last logged on here about May 23.
He last posted here in December 2016.

I wonder if I had paid attention to his absence, would it have made a difference?
I can't think like that, because members pop In and out all the time, and I had no reason to assume this was different. He would go weeks without posting, then share some huge project in exquisite detail.

He will be missed. I wish he'd have known that.

Steve
Otto Nobedder
Weldmonger

Postby Bill Beauregard » Tue Aug 22, 2017 7:18 pm

There are kids I see as too difficult. This was not such a kid. He had skills, intelligence, ethics, more ethics, and morals. Everything was in place, he was destined for success. Q: Would he be another Donald Trump? A: Absolutely not! He aspired for a higher level of clear conscience. Making his way to success through hard work was his ultimate destination.

He worried that he wouldn't be respected. I for one, respected him. I do not respect his final act.

I guessed his absence here had more to do with puberty. At his age, I forgot there was a world around me, girls were much more interesting. It seems there was something more sinister at play here.

Willie
Bill Beauregard
Weldmonger

Next

Return to Welding Forum General Shop Talk