It is currently Wed Sep 20, 2017 1:39 am Advanced search

AKWeldshop

General welding questions that dont fit in TIG, MIG, Stick, or Certification etc.

Re: AKWeldshop

Postby Oscar » Sun Aug 27, 2017 9:09 pm

Dang, he seemed like a good kid. Way too young. RIP.
HTP Invertig 221 DV w/ Arctic Chill cooler DV.
Millermatic 211 Inverter w/ Spoolmate-150
Eastwood Versacut 40A Plasma cutter
Oscar
Weldmonger

Postby AKmud » Tue Aug 29, 2017 1:47 am

I haven't heard anything about this. I'll do some checking. His grandfather was my basketball coach in high school.
AKmud
Guide

Postby Otto Nobedder » Sun Sep 03, 2017 1:57 pm

AKmud wrote:I haven't heard anything about this. I'll do some checking. His grandfather was my basketball coach in high school.

Did you find out anything about this, yet?

Steve
Otto Nobedder
Weldmonger

Postby Farmwelding » Sun Sep 03, 2017 5:11 pm

Otto Nobedder wrote:
AKmud wrote:I haven't heard anything about this. I'll do some checking. His grandfather was my basketball coach in high school.

Steve

I tried to find the obituary but couldn't. Anyone else have any luck. I didn't have his last name either so it was a struggle from the beginning.
A student now but really want to weld everyday. Want to learn everything about everything. Want to become a knower of all and master of none.
Instagram: @farmwelding
Nick
Farmwelding
Weldmonger

Postby Otto Nobedder » Sun Sep 03, 2017 6:08 pm

Farmwelding wrote:
Otto Nobedder wrote:

Steve

I tried to find the obituary but couldn't. Anyone else have any luck. I didn't have his last name either so it was a struggle from the beginning.

As I heard it, the family was so distraught that they didn't publish an obituary, so I looked for death notices and had the same luck as you. I might try police reports/coroner's reports next, as there has to be some public record.

Steve
Otto Nobedder
Weldmonger

Postby Otto Nobedder » Sun Sep 03, 2017 6:25 pm

Okay, I just sent an e-mail to the Palmer, AK chief of police. Hopefully, he can answer this or point me in the right direction.

Steve
Otto Nobedder
Weldmonger

Postby Coldman » Sun Sep 03, 2017 6:32 pm

This was on WW

AK.jpg
AK.jpg (80.04 KiB) Viewed 68 times

Tried the youtube link unsuccessfully.
Flat out like a lizard drinkin'
Coldman
Weldmonger

Postby Otto Nobedder » Sun Sep 03, 2017 6:52 pm

I found the page on FB and posted condolences. I pray they are well received, as it's not fresh but still "soon".

Steve
Otto Nobedder
Weldmonger

Postby AKmud » Sun Sep 03, 2017 7:32 pm

Yeah, I posted the FB page on WW. That was all I was able to find. The family is going through some very tough times with Johns suicide and another son being diagnosed with MS. I've been giving my own kids some extra time lately...
AKmud
Guide

Postby Farmwelding » Sun Sep 03, 2017 9:21 pm

AKmud wrote:Yeah, I posted the FB page on WW. That was all I was able to find. The family is going through some very tough times with Johns suicide and another son being diagnosed with MS. I've been giving my own kids some extra time lately...

I never actually interacted with AKweldshop, but he seemed from stroies and stuff I read to be a strong willed man. I will never understand how someone like that could take their own life. Some things are just a part of the greater plan. Thank you Steve for the condolence message.
A student now but really want to weld everyday. Want to learn everything about everything. Want to become a knower of all and master of none.
Instagram: @farmwelding
Nick
Farmwelding
Weldmonger

PreviousNext

Return to Welding Forum General Shop Talk