General welding questions that dont fit in TIG, MIG, Stick, or Certification etc.
Coldman
    Mon Dec 15, 2014 2:16 am

I just read on ww that John passed away.
Can anyone confirm or know what happened?

Sent using Tapatalk
Flat out like a lizard drinkin'
    Sat Mar 30, 2013 11:49 am

Hope you are wrong...
Way too young to pass away.

Wondered many times what happened with John. Went off grid both here and on IG winter 2016.
jroark
    Thu Jul 16, 2015 2:39 pm

Correct me if I'm wrong but wasn't John in his twenties? Great guy! He helped me out with some problems I was having with a Ranger 8 I once owned. I hope the OP is wrong for sure.
noddybrian
    Thu Jan 24, 2013 12:13 pm

I sincerely hope that's wrong - I really liked the guy & he is WAY too young to have passed - did wonder why he does'nt post here - I just thought maybe he had too little time or other interests got in the way.

Perhaps a moderator could try to establish the truth.
    Sat Mar 30, 2013 11:49 am

I've sent him a message on his IG account, have to wait and see.
Bill Beauregard
    Thu Jan 24, 2013 9:32 pm

I'm currently locked out of welding web. My computer was buggered after vacation, no password works, support gets no response.
I just read about it. He was a long time member there. I didn't know his age, but occasionally thought he seemed immature. Eventually, he disclosed his age. I asked why he had kept it secret, he responded that no one respects a kid. I argued that he was wrong, a kid who earns respect will have my respect. He was a great young man who was on the edge of being a great man.
I am deeply saddened to hear of his death. He had more than enough to live for, the rest could be fixed.

I've no idea what went wrong. The finality of addressing problems with suicide breaks my heart. God! I wish we could turn back time, and intervene. A great kid who would have been an asset to the world for at least another 60 years had things gone in a better direction.

Willie
    Thu Jan 06, 2011 11:40 pm

As far as I can tell, it's true. I will not share further until I've confirmed; The obituary will likely appear in Friday's Frontiersman newspaper out of Wasilla, AK.

Steve
jroark
    Thu Jul 16, 2015 2:39 pm

Man that really stinks. I had a real good welder friend of mine do the same thing a few months ago. He was a good guy.

Apparently, this happened June 23.
He last logged on here about May 23.
He last posted here in December 2016.

I wonder if I had paid attention to his absence, would it have made a difference?
I can't think like that, because members pop In and out all the time, and I had no reason to assume this was different. He would go weeks without posting, then share some huge project in exquisite detail.

He will be missed. I wish he'd have known that.

Steve
Bill Beauregard

There are kids I see as too difficult. This was not such a kid. He had skills, intelligence, ethics, more ethics, and morals. Everything was in place, he was destined for success. Q: Would he be another Donald Trump? A: Absolutely not! He aspired for a higher level of clear conscience. Making his way to success through hard work was his ultimate destination.

He worried that he wouldn't be respected. I for one, respected him. I do not respect his final act.

I guessed his absence here had more to do with puberty. At his age, I forgot there was a world around me, girls were much more interesting. It seems there was something more sinister at play here.

Willie
rahtreelimbs
    Mon Jun 14, 2010 10:39 pm

How old was he?
Bill Beauregard

Young. I believe maybe 19 or 20.
Coldman
    Mon Dec 15, 2014 2:16 am

I think he was 19 or 20.
Flat out like a lizard drinkin'
Poland308
    Thu Sep 10, 2015 8:45 pm

Jer 17:9
Ps7:9
Truely only god knows the thoughts of men. And he no doubt takes that into consideration.
I have more questions than answers

Josh
    Sat Aug 01, 2015 8:38 am

This is terribly sad and he will surely be missed.

I always remember reading through his epic posts and feeling completely inadequate at the amazing scope of the projects he took on. I was also often awestruck by the scenery within which he worked.

Gone way too soon. If there's ever welding to be done on Heaven's gates, he'll be the man.

Moz
noddybrian
    Thu Jan 24, 2013 12:13 pm

I find this very sad - I liked him a lot - had much in common with him as I grew up similarly on a farm - worked old machines - welding up broken farm stuff - then construction plant - I only interacted with him here & on YouTube but felt I knew him as a person - never thought this would happen - after his last epic picture dump of the wash plant I thought maybe we had'nt heard from him because he'd gone to help get it up & running & got the gold bug & stayed to help run it - hoped we might see him on gold rush some time in the future - his passing has affected me nearly as much as an immediate family member - but I guess we are a sort of family here - yesterday I made no end of stupid mistakes thinking about what went wrong for him.

If any of his family read the forum my thoughts & prayers are with you - I hope you know he had many genuine friends & will be missed by many - he had a skill set & moral outlook beyond his years.
motox
    Thu Nov 28, 2013 12:49 pm

very very sad news. he will be surely missed.
you just never know the eternal battles that one
has to deal with or how they react to them.
condolences to his family and friends.
craig
htp invertig 221
syncrowave 250
miller 140 mig
hypertherm plasma
morse 14 metal devil

Truly sad news. So much talent and creativity in such a young man. I always loved his posts with the great projects, the outstanding welding, and the beautiful scenery. I will miss his posts, and the world will be a lesser place for the loss of his talent and skills. Rest In Peace, John.
Miller Bobcat 225
Tweco Fabricator 211i
AHP AlphaTIG 200x
Lincoln SP-135+
Hypertherm Powermax 30 Air
ProStar O/A torch
    Sun Sep 22, 2013 10:14 am

:cry:
Everlast 250EX
Miller 250 syncrowave
Sharp LMV Vertical Mill
Takisawa TSL-800-D Lathe
Coupla Bandsaws,Grinders,surface grinder,tool/cutter grinder
and more stuff than I deserve(Thanks Significant Other)
Artie F. Emm
    Thu Jul 24, 2014 7:53 am

Otto Nobedder wrote: then share some huge project in exquisite detail.
Exquisite detail to include answering any and all process questions, and sharing some beautiful Alaska scenery.

This is heartbreaking. I wonder if there's a way to contact his family to let them know of his positive impact on others. After only a month it might be too soon though, and I'd hate to cause any more grief.
Dave
aka "RTFM"
    Thu Dec 26, 2013 12:41 am

Dang, he seemed like a good kid. Way too young. RIP.
AKmud
    Fri Jan 25, 2013 1:47 am

I haven't heard anything about this. I'll do some checking. His grandfather was my basketball coach in high school.

AKmud wrote:I haven't heard anything about this. I'll do some checking. His grandfather was my basketball coach in high school.
Did you find out anything about this, yet?

Steve
Farmwelding
    Thu Mar 10, 2016 11:37 pm

Otto Nobedder wrote:
AKmud wrote:I haven't heard anything about this. I'll do some checking. His grandfather was my basketball coach in high school.

Steve
I tried to find the obituary but couldn't. Anyone else have any luck. I didn't have his last name either so it was a struggle from the beginning.
A student now but really want to weld everyday. Want to learn everything about everything. Want to become a knower of all and master of none.
Instagram: @farmwelding
Nick

Farmwelding wrote:
Otto Nobedder wrote:

Steve
I tried to find the obituary but couldn't. Anyone else have any luck. I didn't have his last name either so it was a struggle from the beginning.
As I heard it, the family was so distraught that they didn't publish an obituary, so I looked for death notices and had the same luck as you. I might try police reports/coroner's reports next, as there has to be some public record.

Steve