General welding questions that dont fit in TIG, MIG, Stick, or Certification etc.
    Thu Dec 26, 2013 12:41 am

Every day I grow farther and farther from the welding forums as my work picks up more and more every day. I have a few projects on the back burner, but still have yet to get to them. Wish I had more time, but oh well, you can't have both a-lot-of-free-time and steady-income, LOL.
    Thu Jan 06, 2011 11:40 pm

Doing well, here. Harvey was little more than an annoyance in SE LA.

"Busy" is a good problem to have.

Steve
sedanman
    Sun Jan 03, 2016 2:54 pm

20170901_115219.jpg
20170901_115219.jpg (20.27 KiB) Viewed 1575 times
I've been better, lol
sedanman

Wife and I were at the track. She low sided right in front of me. I did all I could not to run her over. I missed her but nailed her bike which sent me skyward. Collar bone broke in two places. The surgeon said it was the worst he's ever seen. It took a large plate, ten screws, and two and a half hours to fix it.
Farmwelding
    Thu Mar 10, 2016 11:37 pm

sedanman wrote:Wife and I were at the track. She low sided right in front of me. I did all I could not to run her over. I missed her but nailed her bike which sent me skyward. Collar bone broke in two places. The surgeon said it was the worst he's ever seen. It took a large plate, ten screws, and two and a half hours to fix it.
Best of luck on that! Sounds like hell

Got back from 3 months in the farm last week and started on tech school classes. Intro, safety, and a little blueprint reading. I didn't know you could fit so much information on one line. Tuesday I start my last year of high school and hopefully will start burning some rod here soon.
A student now but really want to weld everyday. Want to learn everything about everything. Want to become a knower of all and master of none.
Instagram: @farmwelding
Nick
Artie F. Emm
    Thu Jul 24, 2014 7:53 am

sedanman wrote:She low sided right in front of me. I did all I could not to run her over. I missed her but nailed her bike which sent me skyward. Collar bone broke in two places.
I hope your wife is ok, and that you're able to get past this. i have a plate in my left arm and like yours the x-ray is pretty vivid, you can see the threads on the screws. When he explained the procedure the surgeon used all kinds of woodworking terms.
Dave
aka "RTFM"
sedanman

Wife is fine, thanks for asking. I have friends working on patching two bikes up so she can ride at the season ending pig roast. The plan is for me to take a parade lap as well.
    Thu Dec 26, 2013 12:41 am

Ouch, that can't be good !
    Sat Mar 30, 2013 11:49 am

sedanman wrote:She low sided right in front of me. I did all I could not to run her over. I missed her but nailed her bike which sent me skyward. Collar bone broke in two places.
Good you both are ok.
But, did you ask for left-over titanium parts to practise welding on ? :mrgreen:
motox
    Thu Nov 28, 2013 12:49 pm

sedanman
ouch. been there. feel better and save the screws...lol
craig
htp invertig 221
syncrowave 250
miller 140 mig
hypertherm plasma
morse 14 metal devil
jroark
    Thu Jul 16, 2015 2:39 pm

Patiently waiting on Irma to skirt by. Busy as well. Hopefully I'll have some pics of a finished product soon.
ryanjames170
    Sun Sep 25, 2016 12:46 pm

Been doing good, about 4 weeks into welding school at WITC.. been flying threw stuff!

Got into old vintage outboards this summer so I see some TIG welding of props in my future!
Welder/Fitter
RM Fab & Products

Lincoln Invertec V300 pro
Miller 54D Wire Feeder
Miller 2E DC Welder Generator
Everlast Power IMIG 200
Everlast Power ARC 200ST
Klutch Plasma 275i Plasma Cutter
Hobard/Smith Oxy Torch using propane.
    Tue Aug 19, 2014 2:34 am

Greetings all. I’ve been absent from this forum for quite awhile. Earlier this year I had surgery then spent three months in rehab and finally made it home but am still on doctor ordered bed rest. Looking forward to getting back in the shop. Hope y’all are doing well. Cheers

EB
We are not lawyers nor physicians, but welders do it in all positions!

Miller Dynasty 280DX
Lincoln 210 MP
Miller 625 X-Treme
Hobart Handler 150
Victor Oxygen-acetylene torch
Miller/Lincoln Big 40-SA200 hybrid
ollie81
    Wed Aug 16, 2017 11:55 am

il be a damn sight better when i have this tooth pulled out in the morning!!!!