General welding questions that dont fit in TIG, MIG, Stick, or Certification etc.
MFleet
    Sat Dec 10, 2016 5:26 am

Another thing is the flute length on the double ended. They are mainly sold for sheet metal, so a flute length that is twice or more the thickness of the material is preferred. Something like this 3/16" x 2-3/16" Long x 1/2" Flute Length.
Miller 350P w/Python
Miller Syncrowave 250DX - Beaterwave project
Hypertherm Powermax65
Hobby class lathe and milling machine
JohnMc
    Sat Aug 12, 2017 5:42 pm

3/16 really isn't that small of a drill to hand bomb. If you're having problems the drills could be bad, is the steel really mild steel are you trying to drill a flame cut edge? Or rigidity. I am thinking maybe rigidity as you mentioned long chips. Long chips are great on a machine. Good sign you are working the drill. With hand drilling you only need to strive for any kind of chip.
As for drills I have had good luck with KFC tools house brand.
PeteM
    Sat Dec 03, 2016 11:28 am

LtBadd wrote:
kiwi2wheels wrote:Using a dark sulphur cutting oil, Rigid make a good one, will do wonders for drill life and ease of cutting.
I've had real good luck with Tap Magic It's a cutting fluid, not just for tapping as the name might imply
That stuff is the best!
thatoneguy
    Wed Apr 20, 2016 12:08 pm

I know I'm a little late on this... But I've actually used. Lucas Oil Transmission Stop Slip as my cutting oil for quite a while... Cheap, big bottle with a pointed snout that makes it convenient and it actually works extremely well!!!

Sent from my VS980 4G using Tapatalk
Everlast Power I-MIG 275P
Everlast Power TIG 250EX
Everlast Power Plasma 80S
Lincoln AC/DC Tombstone
Smith OxyAcetylene
    Tue Jul 01, 2014 4:34 am

I've heard boelube is good. Have yet to try it though.

Sent from my SM-G892A using Tapatalk