General welding questions that dont fit in TIG, MIG, Stick, or Certification etc.
tracybaker
    Wed Aug 30, 2017 5:17 am

Hey all

From my childhood, I love welding and always dreamt to be a welder. I use to do small types of welding in my teen years and am planning to enter into the professional scenario. I want to start a small workshop attached to my home. For the time being, I want to start it as a small venture. I will have some welders working in my welding workshop.

Now, the issue is related to the building of the workshop. I will not have much balance after buying the welding tools and setting up initial facilities. I don't want to build the workshop in a grand way. And am thinking of cost-effective plans.

Last day, I came across steel buildings. I don't know whether it is of low cost. What about using steel for building my workshop? Is it a convenient solution?

I stay in Toronto. Many companies in Ontario provide steel buildings which are premanufactured. Is it a brilliant plan? Does anyone have their workshops built with steel? I want to know the pros and cons and if they are affordable. Expecting your responses.

Thank you.

As far as I'm concerned, steel is the perfect material for a welding shop. Sturdy, fireproof, and easy to modify as far as partitions and such. It's what I plan to use when I build my "retirement" shop.
Miller Bobcat 225
Tweco Fabricator 211i
AHP AlphaTIG 200x
Lincoln SP-135+
Hypertherm Powermax 30 Air
ProStar O/A torch
Jw3
  • Jw3
    Sat Aug 05, 2017 8:07 pm

Idb where in north central Tx are you? I'm in Corsicana.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk