General welding questions that dont fit in TIG, MIG, Stick, or Certification etc.
Farmwelding
    Thu Mar 10, 2016 11:37 pm

I'll get one out to them from good ol Beloit, Wi.
A student now but really want to weld everyday. Want to learn everything about everything. Want to become a knower of all and master of none.
Instagram: @farmwelding
Nick
MarkL
    Wed Jun 15, 2016 7:09 pm

I'm surprised young kids today know what a postcard is. My friend had an old rotary phone that he showed his son and he couldn't figure out how it worked, he kept pushing on the letters.
Lincoln Square Wave 200
Lincoln 225 AC/DC
Harris Oxy/Acetylene torch
    Thu Jan 06, 2011 11:40 pm

LtBadd wrote:I'm in in Clearwater, not international or exotic :lol:
True, but even Key West is still technically Florida.

This started as a fifty-states thing, and went international through my direct interference. Any post card form anywhere will be a welcome bit of amazement. This is a tiny backwater school in a tiny backwater town, and I want to show them that the world is small enough to include them.

Steve

Otto Nobedder wrote:

This started as a fifty-states thing, and went international through my direct interference. Any post card form anywhere will be a welcome bit of amazement. This is a tiny backwater school in a tiny backwater town, and I want to show them that the world is small enough to include them.
That just reminded me, I have a friend in Key West that might be able to send a "Conch Republic" post card...

Steve

Farmwelding wrote:I'll get one out to them from good ol Beloit, Wi.
Excellent! Thank you!
Popeye the old miner
    Tue Mar 21, 2017 8:29 pm

Otto Nobedder wrote:

Steve
Tiny backwater school in a tiny backwater town? Best kind of school and town there is...Pitman has about 400 people scattered all over the mountain and valley and about 50 or 60 people in downtown Pitman...and I'm so glad to be back home.

Postcard is on the way
OzFlo
    Sat Sep 26, 2015 10:16 pm

Let me see if I can source one from here in Sydney..
Artie F. Emm
    Thu Jul 24, 2014 7:53 am

OzFlo wrote:Let me see if I can source one from here in Sydney..
Sydney! That should wow the crowd!

Virginia checking in, i'll have one of the kids write a note. Since we're so close i feel qualified to send one for DC. :-)
Dave
aka "RTFM"
cj737
    Thu Sep 29, 2016 8:59 am

Artie F. Emm wrote:Since we're so close i feel qualified to send one for DC. :-)
Will leave the light on for your safe return :D

You people are amazing! Thank you for the responses. I can't wait to see how the class feels about all this. I've recently started working with kids locally, and it's a new and different experience for me. Something about experiencing a child's delight through their eyes makes me feel younger than my years.

Steve
hey_allen
    Thu Mar 05, 2015 6:09 pm

A few years ago I'd have been able to get one sent from Antarctica, but I don't know if anyone in my AF unit is still working rotations down there.

That said, I'll see about getting out out to them from Washington state.
A Space Needle card or possibly get something from the Boeing store, as big machines often seem to go over well with the younger crowd.
-Josh
Greasy fingered tinkerer.
Artie F. Emm
    Thu Jul 24, 2014 7:53 am

Hmmm... in theory, a guy could send an addressed, stamped card to any US postmaster, with a note asking him to drop it in the outgoing mail. Right? That could accomplish the McMurdo Station post mark.
Dave
aka "RTFM"

I want to thank everyone who agreed to participate in this!

That little "middle of nowhere" schoolhouse has been getting post cards from around the world.

Much love to my friends in the welding community.

Steve