General welding questions that dont fit in TIG, MIG, Stick, or Certification etc.
Farmwelding
    Thu Mar 10, 2016 11:37 pm

Most of you probably already know this but I found it out yesterday. I was working on my 2g with 7018 and kept having trouble keeping it straight on the first cover pass. I was having trouble seeing the edge of the bevel to know where to put it. My instructor had me change my position for line of sight and other ways to prop but it didn't help. I started one on Monday and got about half way through when the fire alarm went off because filters caught on fire in the cutting room so that was it. I got a new cover lens and put it in yesterday and it was a whole new experience. My other one was filthy so I had a hard time seeing through it. So I learned that having a clean lens is important.
A student now but really want to weld everyday. Want to learn everything about everything. Want to become a knower of all and master of none.
Instagram: @farmwelding
Nick

Always good to have a spare cover lens and batteries!
Richard
Website
Poland308
    Thu Sep 10, 2015 8:45 pm

Amen! Extra clears and batteries. If I need to change my shade then it’s probably time to just clean the cover plate.
I have more questions than answers

Josh
Farmwelding
    Thu Mar 10, 2016 11:37 pm

Poland308 wrote:Amen! Extra clears and batteries. If I need to change my shade then it’s probably time to just clean the cover plate.
Yeah I tried that a couple times as well. Did not work as you know.
A student now but really want to weld everyday. Want to learn everything about everything. Want to become a knower of all and master of none.
Instagram: @farmwelding
Nick
    Tue Jul 01, 2014 4:34 am

One other big tip. DO NOT Just go trying to wipe it off. Rather is the clear lenses or filter. First blow it off with compressed air or run it under water.
Last a lot longer doing that. Otherwise you might as well take sandpaper to it.

Sent from my SM-G892A using Tapatalk