General welding questions that dont fit in TIG, MIG, Stick, or Certification etc.
    Tue Aug 19, 2014 2:34 am

Looking at harbor freight catalog. They only recently introduced the Hercules house brand and the boxes say “legendary performance” and “heavy duty guaranteed” on them. On the planet which I live on, both of those statements seem to not actually mean anything. Maybe it’s just me. I’m having a mood..
We are not lawyers nor physicians, but welders do it in all positions!

Miller Dynasty 280DX
Lincoln 210 MP
Miller 625 X-Treme
Hobart Handler 150
Victor Oxygen-acetylene torch
Miller/Lincoln Big 40-SA200 hybrid

Is heavy duty better then super duty?
Maybe the performance is legendary, but over a short period of time? :? :o :lol:
Richard
Website
noddybrian
    Thu Jan 24, 2013 12:13 pm

Well it sounds so much better than " the latest Chinese s#it we got a good markup on " ! you almost have to admire the marketing guys - sad thing is some people believe it & the guy that came up with it likely gets more a month than we do a year - oh & you can't use " super duty " - that kinda implies Ford - you have to market to everyone- even Chevy / Dodge drivers ! - bit like the eco car adverts that used " what would Jesus drive ? " as a slogan - well that's a very small minority group these days.
    Mon Nov 04, 2013 7:51 am

Always remember... "Anything labeled new and/or improved usually isn't..."

You just get to pay more and often get less.

The latter is common in regular supplies where the 'improved' product costs the same but suddenly gets packaged in slightly smaller quantities.. Somehow.. Very odd.. :roll:

Bye, Arno.
mcostello
    Thu Jul 07, 2011 10:21 am

How long does it take to make a legend? Longer than 24 hours? :D
hey_allen
    Thu Mar 05, 2015 6:09 pm

Have you seen the AvE video where he tested a pair of new electric drills from Harbor Freight against each other? A Bauer and a Hercules, both house branded "improved" drills.

Spoiler: the newer of the two, the Bauer drill, gave up with exploded Mosfets in a VERY short amount of time...
-Josh
Greasy fingered tinkerer.
noddybrian
    Thu Jan 24, 2013 12:13 pm

So your saying " new & improved as seen on TV " is'nt always better ? well dang - who'd have guessed !!
Artie F. Emm
    Thu Jul 24, 2014 7:53 am

noddybrian wrote:So your saying " new & improved as seen on TV " is'nt always better ? well dang - who'd have guessed !!
But, order now and we'll send two! Just pay separate processing! (Batteries not included.)
Dave
aka "RTFM"
Poland308
    Thu Sep 10, 2015 8:45 pm

The fine print is in three languages. But not English,French,German,Chinese,Russian, or Spanish.
I have more questions than answers

Josh