General welding questions that dont fit in TIG, MIG, Stick, or Certification etc.
bobruddy
    Tue Nov 14, 2017 8:40 pm

I've found that the Tillman Onyx 44 gloves are my favorite that I've tried. It feels like I'm almost not wearing a glove.

I've one problem. The L size fits the width of my hand and fingers perfect, but the fingers are just too short. The XL fingers are still too short and they are too loose. My fingers are long, but they are skinny and not sausage like.

Dexterity is awkward because the bottom of the fingers only comes up to my knuckle and I blow out the finger tips, due to tension on the leather when gripping. This is really a problem with every glove I've used, not just the onyx. I do find the onyx gloves last longer. I'll normally blow through the first finger after 50 to 60 hours of use, so looking to get something that fits so they feel better and last longer.

Does anyone else with similar large, but small hands and have a supple TIG glove they like?

Bob
TheBeardedWelder
    Mon Nov 06, 2017 8:42 am

I feel your pain. I use steiner tig gloves and found over time they tend to stretch a bit. I also used to trade my new gloves to friend at work for his slightly used gloves.

Sometimes you gotta pick the lesser if two evils i guess.
Poland308
    Thu Sep 10, 2015 8:45 pm

I blow out the seams at the tip too. Or the one that runs along the outside of the thumb.
I have more questions than answers

Josh