General welding questions that dont fit in TIG, MIG, Stick, or Certification etc.
Glowzinski
    Thu Dec 31, 2015 9:08 pm

I got an email from Welding tips and tricks. Talking about a show. I saw there is another next year. Here are my questions.

Now, I am 32. haha But, I've never really went anyplace myself. Brain injury in 03. Left with no smell and like 8% of my vision. I guess, it would be easy to find my way around. My question is, how many days does it take to see all the stuff? I mean, being as I have 8% of my vision, I can not drive. So, I would have to pay for a hotel and a cab or bus.

Then, I weld as a hobby. I taught myself to weld. But, I totally dig new tools and tech stuff. Would I find the event interesting?

I live in Maryland. So, not that far away really. I mean, it would be a long bus ride. But, I like driving. Gives me time to think.
Artie F. Emm
    Thu Jul 24, 2014 7:53 am

Hey, Glow, sorry to hear about the injuries. My bet is since you're here on this forum, a welder and interested in fabrication, you'd enjoy Fabtech. It's an annual show that occurs in a different city each year- for the past couple years it's been in Las Vegas and Chicago, but next year it's in Atlanta.

The show lasts 3 or 4 days, and it's hard to see every booth snd display. Jody's WT&T podcast dedicated an episode to Fabtech recently, and gave some tips: wear comfortable shoes, have a plan to get to the vendors and displays you want to see. Give it a listen to the podcast to make your own plan.

I hope you can make it!
Dave
aka "RTFM"
TheBeardedWelder
    Mon Nov 06, 2017 8:42 am

Ive been to 3 Fabtechs.

You will totally want to visit everything and its very easy to become overwhelmed.

My 1 rule of thumb and these are going to be wise words to die with:

VISIT THE OCEANETTES!!! Dear lord they are hot.
Glowzinski

:lol:

TheBeardedWelder wrote:Ive been to 3 Fabtechs.

VISIT THE OCEANETTES!!! Dear lord they are hot.
I'm sold! Atlanta 2018 or ....
Richard
Website
Glowzinski

My mom said she would go with me. haha Nothing like being 33 and having your mom at a tool show.

Seems going alone would be boring though. Nobody to talk with, about all the stuff you've seen.