General welding questions that dont fit in TIG, MIG, Stick, or Certification etc.
TheBeardedWelder
    Mon Nov 06, 2017 8:42 am

Hey guys,

i figured id share this if anyone is working with similar situations.

My work banned music, stereos, headsets. Etc. All you can have in your ears is safety plugs.

My buddy and i have found these new Bone Conducting headsets that work off of bluetooth and they are very very light. You can keep in your hearing protection, which in my mind i think work better with the bone conducting headsets..

I also have a plan im working on, implementing a small computer fan for light exhaust. Hook up with a 9volt.
20171212_130103_HDR.jpg
20171212_130103_HDR.jpg (51.63 KiB) Viewed 976 times
Anyway thats what i got.
MarkL
    Wed Jun 15, 2016 7:09 pm

Do the orange pieces of foam press the headset against the side of your face? Are the foam pieces glued to the side of the helmet? I think this is a perfect application for bone conducting headsets, since you use them with hearing protection. Usually bone conducting headsets overload the cochlea because there's a signal coming both from the eardrum and through the jaw bone.
Lincoln Square Wave 200
Lincoln 225 AC/DC
Harris Oxy/Acetylene torch
Franz©
    Thu Mar 23, 2017 10:02 pm

You get hired to weld or be entertained?

If you got hired to weld I sure hope you have a line on the next job.
    Sun Nov 19, 2017 10:09 am

I'm concerned about your hearing, if they are making you wear ear protection, then the noise must be very loud. If you're going to hear your music above the ambient noise, then your music will harm your hearing. I don't want to see you at mid age going deaf! This reminds me of trying to hear my music over the roar of jet engines, during a flight. Without noise cancelling head phones it's almost impossible.
Lincoln MP 210, Lincoln Square Wave 200,
Everlast 210 EXT
Thermal Dynamics 25 Plasma cutter

" Anything that carries your livelihood wants to be welded so that Thor can’t break it."
CJ737
TheBeardedWelder
    Mon Nov 06, 2017 8:42 am

Franz© wrote:You get hired to weld or be entertained?

If you got hired to weld I sure hope you have a line on the next job.

dude i nearly spit taked my coffee... lol why didnt i see this one. :)
wronghand
    Wed May 30, 2018 4:36 pm

If music is banned then don't listen to music. We had to do the same thing in a shop I worked at. Lots of overhead cranes and lots of young guys wandering around listening to music. Had a few close calls because they couldn't hear us yelling to get out of the way over their "tunes".
Tried to teach a young guy to MIG weld and same story. He couldn't figure out why he was getting crappy results. From across the shop I could tell his WFS was way too high by the SOUND. He couldn't hear it over his ear buds. Listen to music while you're drinking beer on your deck AFTER work. Huge safety risk on a jobsite