General welding questions that dont fit in TIG, MIG, Stick, or Certification etc.
wvuarmyeng
    Wed Sep 20, 2017 10:25 am

I can't find the video jody talks about the level he uses. I have some cheap ones but wouldn't mind have a decent magnetic one.

Also where's the best place to get grinding wheels and cut off wheels? I get them at harbor freight right now

Oh and i got the square and tig fingers for Christmas man are they nice

Sent from my SM-N950U using Tapatalk
MarkL
    Wed Jun 15, 2016 7:09 pm

I've not seen the video but I have a torpedo level like this one.
I buy my abrasives at the local big box, Menards. You can get them online at cyberweld.com, or probably lots of other places too.
Lincoln Square Wave 200
Lincoln 225 AC/DC
Harris Oxy/Acetylene torch

wvuarmyeng wrote:I can't find the video jody talks about the level he uses. I have some cheap ones but wouldn't mind have a decent magnetic one.

Also where's the best place to get grinding wheels and cut off wheels? I get them at harbor freight right now

Oh and i got the square and tig fingers for Christmas man are they nice

Not sure about which level Jody uses, but I think Empire (made in USA) makes some good levels and tools.
If you do any amount of grinding, blending use of cut-off wheel then buying quality wheels is the way to go IMO. Look for brand names and buy the best you can, try the ceramic discs, they hold up well. Also check out LeHigh Valley Abrasives
Richard
Website
clavius
    Wed Sep 21, 2016 9:32 pm

Not sure on the level, as for grinding wheels and other abrasives I have ordered from these guys a few times in the past and felt I got decent value for my money:

https://benchmarkabrasives.com/?gclid=E ... gLK_fD_BwE

I'm not sure they quite compare to top end stuff but they don't cost like them either. I'm mostly a hobbyist/home shop caliber guy though I know good stuff from not-so-good stuff. I have bought 4-1/2" flap disks and 3" Roloc style disks and 3"mini flap disks from them and found them to be quite good at decent prices. They regularly post free shipping for $25+ orders and other specials that makes the deal a bit better if you catch it right. The ones I have used were clearly a cut above the HF ones I've tried.

Standard disclaimers apply: I'm just a customer, it's not my brother in law, nothing in it for me, blah, blah, blah...
cj737
    Thu Sep 29, 2016 8:59 am

Metabo Slicer cut-offs and Walter Flap Disks. Get them in bulk on amazon. Yeah, they do actually perform the cost difference. Walter makes a "waffle" pattern disk to for heavy mill scale that pulls up shiny metal in a flash.
wvuarmyeng
    Wed Sep 20, 2017 10:25 am

Thanks a ton guys I'm currently watch JD brewer and just did the huge mezzanine. He uses the true blue empire level lol

Yea I've been using HB stuff cause I pass it on my way home from work everyday. I def will get some decent ones when I'm actually doing something instead of just burning rods

Watching these videos and actually makes me wish I would if went to tech school instead of college (made my mom happy and did graduate, ok I majored in beer and minored in forest land managent... let's go mountaineers!) Oh well I have a good job with a gas company, Transcanada. I love working with my hands and the wife likes ai can get stuff

Thanks again guys can't wait to post pics of my offset smoker build ill be starting soon