It is currently Sat Feb 24, 2018 2:11 am Advanced search

Steve, missing in action?

General welding questions that dont fit in TIG, MIG, Stick, or Certification etc.

Re: Steve, missing in action?

Postby LtBadd » Sat Dec 30, 2017 11:31 am

Steve, very sorry to hear of your loss, hope the new year brings resolution for your health issue, you are missed here.
Richard

Insert witty, sarcastic, or philosophical remark here.
LtBadd
Weldmonger

Postby AndersK » Sat Dec 30, 2017 3:07 pm

Sorry about your loss Steve and I sincerely hope you'll get better soon.

Did they check for Borrelia? It is amazing how often they miss that for such common infection and wrongly diagnose as a bad flue because of the similar symptoms.
AndersK
Weldmonger

Postby noddybrian » Sat Dec 30, 2017 3:47 pm

I hoped you were just busy or got a Hollywood part - very sorry to hear of your loss & health issues - you are missed here - 2017 has been a rough year for some members - I wish you a speedy recovery & a better new year.
noddybrian
Weldmonger

Postby Artie F. Emm » Sat Dec 30, 2017 7:46 pm

My condolences as well. That kind of loss is devastating, and I wish the best to you and your family.

I hope your health concerns get sorted out, too. I wonder if another play would be a strain on your body, or if it's just the kind of therapy you might need just now.
Dave
aka "RTFM"
Artie F. Emm
Weldmonger

Postby Otto Nobedder » Tue Jan 23, 2018 8:20 pm

I appreciate the condolences. It sucks losing a brother, and this is my third. One on my dad's side, and now two on Mom's side. A woman is not meant to outlive her children. She turned 91 on Jan 13, which is also my late brother Joe's birthday. Sucks that they coincide. My brother Eyrl was able to be there, so she did not spend that day alone, either.

Actually, I lost a sister on my dad's side, but Evelyn died in 1933 in childhood, so the pain is far removed from me.

I've been advancing on my hobbies, for the sheer distraction. Saturday I went to "Improv" night at a local eatery with the children's theater. I read a poem I wrote, did three minutes of mediocre stand-up, and played at improvisational theater with the kids the rest of the night. It really was just as much fun as playing "army" or whatever, when we were 9-year-olds pretending.

Now, I'm considering auditioning for "the night of one-acts"; A local theater holds a one-act play writing contest, and the winners get produced.

Steve
Otto Nobedder
Weldmonger

Postby MinnesotaDave » Tue Jan 23, 2018 11:17 pm

Damn man, my sincere condolences for you and your family
Dave J.

Beware of false knowledge; it is more dangerous than ignorance. ~George Bernard Shaw~

Airco 300 - Syncro 350
Invertec v250-s
Thermal Arc 161 and 300
MM210
Dialarc
Tried being normal once, didn't take....I think it was a Tuesday.
MinnesotaDave
Weldmonger

Postby pgk » Wed Jan 24, 2018 10:39 am

Hey Steve,
Sorry to hear about your brother, get well soon...

Pete
Esab SVI 300, Mig 4HD wire feeder, 30A spool gun, Miller Passport, Dynasty 300 DX, Coolmate 4, Spectrum 2050, C&K Cold Wire feeder WF-3, Black Gold Tungsten Sharperner, Ellis 1600
pgk
Guide

Previous

Return to Welding Forum General Shop Talk