General welding questions that dont fit in TIG, MIG, Stick, or Certification etc.
Farmwelding
    Thu Mar 10, 2016 11:37 pm

So I an beginning to venture out and start making metal art such as my flowers and some silverware art. I was wondering id to guys had any suggestions or thoughts on where to sell it. I am gong to go to my local Ace hardware store and a couple other local businesses that sell similar products from other people to see if they would be willing to sell my product for a comission just to have a storefront to sell them in. I also have some people I work for who have a place at the farmers market, but that won't open up until April or May. Thanks in advance!
A student now but really want to weld everyday. Want to learn everything about everything. Want to become a knower of all and master of none.
Instagram: @farmwelding
Nick
    Sat Mar 30, 2013 11:49 am

MarkL
    Wed Jun 15, 2016 7:09 pm

There are towns that develop artistic shopping areas, if there's an area like that by you I'd try to get your stuff displayed there. Out west there are towns like Santa Fe and Silver City in New Mexico that have big artist communities and high end artwork. Around here in Chicago there's towns like Long Grove and Geneva that have cultivated that kind of thing. There's probably towns like that in your area. You could also try local craft fairs.
Lincoln Square Wave 200
Lincoln 225 AC/DC
Harris Oxy/Acetylene torch
Sprockmonster
    Tue Dec 31, 2013 1:59 pm

I used facebook and word of mouth when i was younger. Just did it for fun and/or around the holidays.

Etsy, Craigslist, FB, flea markets etc... Sold my stuff in local art studios too. It’s important to make sure your going to make enough to be happy doing it. I just hate spending that much labor only to get so little in return. I starting charging my OT rate just because I was working on my art outside my normal work schedule and OT was usually available so that was the income I was missing out on. For example, a standard silverplated Spoonring is usually $20-$25, cause it takes me about 20-25 mins to make and polish. I still make stuff now although I’m burned out with it. Almost enjoying “gifting” more than selling. But if your going to depend on the income, make stuff that’s easy on you, and in a way that keeps your prices low. Some people see what others are “selling” they’re stuff for, but that doesn’t mean people will pay that much. We have fancy art communities where I’m at but people enjoy looking at that stuff more than buying it and there’s always someone that’ll do it cheaper. Good luck and hope it works out.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk Pro