General welding questions that dont fit in TIG, MIG, Stick, or Certification etc.
bruce991
    Tue Jan 05, 2016 10:31 pm

I have a Lincoln Squarewave 200 I always TIG with and want to get burning some rod in ARC and just wondered if my amperage control pedal can be used in the stick ARC arrangement. Manual really never mentions that. Just curious if an option.
MarkL
    Wed Jun 15, 2016 7:09 pm

I have the same machine and I'm not sure. I've stick welded with it, and I'm pretty sure I left the foot pedal connected, so that would indicate the pedal doesn't work otherwise I wouldn't have had any current. But I'm not 100% sure I had the pedal connected. If you try it post the results. Right now it's been -10F at night around here, so I'm not doing any welding until it warms up and I can heat the shop.
Lincoln Square Wave 200
Lincoln 225 AC/DC
Harris Oxy/Acetylene torch
Farmwelding
    Thu Mar 10, 2016 11:37 pm

No. Once you put it in stick mose it shits off the foot pedal connection. Id you really wanted to you could throw a stick electrode in the tig torch and shut the gas off and use the pedal (6061 has a video on YouTube). I've done it to try it but i wouldn't want to.
A student now but really want to weld everyday. Want to learn everything about everything. Want to become a knower of all and master of none.
Instagram: @farmwelding
Nick

Farmwelding wrote:No. Once you put it in stick mose it shits off the foot pedal connection. Id you really wanted to you could throw a stick electrode in the tig torch and shut the gas off and use the pedal (6061 has a video on YouTube). I've done it to try it but i wouldn't want to.
Ok Nick, no need to use such language! :lol:
Richard
Website
Farmwelding
    Thu Mar 10, 2016 11:37 pm

LtBadd wrote:
Farmwelding wrote:No. Once you put it in stick mose it shits off the foot pedal connection. Id you really wanted to you could throw a stick electrode in the tig torch and shut the gas off and use the pedal (6061 has a video on YouTube). I've done it to try it but i wouldn't want to.
Ok Nick, no need to use such language! :lol:
Wow, that whole thing is riddled with them. I'm sorry about that. You don't read over it one time and it all goes to heck. :lol:
A student now but really want to weld everyday. Want to learn everything about everything. Want to become a knower of all and master of none.
Instagram: @farmwelding
Nick
bruce991
    Tue Jan 05, 2016 10:31 pm

Okay thanks I kind of figured it didn't work in stick mode. That is fine was just waiting to get warm here as well and was thinking out loud.
    Fri Apr 01, 2011 10:59 pm

In Europe they use a hand amperage control with stick weld. It's especially good for ss stick welding.