General welding questions that dont fit in TIG, MIG, Stick, or Certification etc.
denniscarithers
    Fri Mar 11, 2011 4:38 pm

so i was on my way to work this morning, same drive as usual, that is until i see a pickup truck ahead of me.......with cutting torch bottles in the back, duct taped to one another, flowmeters still on the bottles with no caps.....in the bed of his truck leaned on the tailgate bouncing and sliding around :o and the worst part is i was right behind him with no way to get in the other lane.....how many people have seen something like this before??
kermdawg
    Tue May 25, 2010 8:16 pm

Next time you call a plumber to your house, take a quick peek in the back of his truck. Look for his B tank, his small acetylene tank.

Ive worked with hundreds of plumbers, not one of em ever had a cap on his tank, not one of em ever had the needle valve on top turned off(or used a key for that matter), and probably 90 percent of em didnt even disconnect the torch hose from the regulator. And the best part? They toss em in the back of the truck and pile up fittings and water heaters on top of em.

I cant believe out of all those times I never saw one explode.
Signature? Who needs a F***ing signature?
    Thu Jan 06, 2011 11:40 pm

While I rarely see bottles "unchained" in a truck, I'm stunned at how often I see regulators attached. They usually aren't even on a "firewall" cart. This is illegal, but most cops don't seem to know it. Federal law requires that bottles being transported be properly capped.

I've seen a lot of loose crap floating around those regulators, too. It's just damn scary how many stupid people are out there on the same highways our kids' and grand-kids' school buses drive.

Steve
kermdawg

Ya Ive seen some videos of CGC's blowin up on the highway. Not pretty.
    Fri Apr 01, 2011 10:59 pm

In Australia a while back, a plumbers van blew up. Turns out that his oxy/acet had been leaking and when they hit the remote to unlock the doors, Boomba. They thought it was a car bomb from the maffia.
kermdawg

It's just damn scary how many stupid people are out there on the same highways our kids' and grand-kids' school buses drive.
^^^^^^^^^^^^^^:(:(:(:(:(:(

aint that the truth.
kermdawg

http://www.osha.gov/pls/oshaweb/owadisp ... p_id=24833

the link to the osha rules concerning this subject