General welding questions that dont fit in TIG, MIG, Stick, or Certification etc.
Mytigger
    Thu Nov 02, 2017 3:18 pm

Hy guys I am a welder from the uk, currently tig welding for an aerospace company and I am struggling to weld a 0.9 mm stainless fillet without suckback for a coding any help would be appreciated. Currently I am trying different pulse settings but Its kicking my arse :cry:

Hey MyTigger
What is the material, and what size filler?
That would be a challenge, you have to be quick and keep the puddle full, always dabbing the filler. What test will be performed? Visual, cut and etch, x-ray??

Do you have a pic of your practice welds?
Richard
Website
Mytigger

Hi thanks for the reply buddy, I think the american coding is D17.1fillet, the material is 0.036" 9mm stainless 321, I have tried a copper backing and pulse settings and have two good sets to play with that can pulse to a ridiculous setting, but because I normally test weld 1.2mm + I am struggling. Plus I normally just use the peddle but have been told for this coding pulse would be better? Just dont know the best settings tried playing around but at best fet about 30% suckback. Got a couple of weeks to sort this
Mytigger

It is getting acid cut and and etch, plus xray