General welding questions that dont fit in TIG, MIG, Stick, or Certification etc.
    Mon Feb 09, 2015 4:48 pm

That's to bad, that attitude will catch up with them sooner or later. Good luck! ;)
Pete

Esab SVI 300, Mig 4HD wire feeder, 30A spool gun, Miller Passport, Dynasty 300 DX, Coolmate 4, Spectrum 2050, C&K Cold Wire feeder WF-3, Black Gold Tungsten Sharperner, Prime Weld 225
aland
    Thu Dec 28, 2017 11:10 pm

Ryan wrote:My LWS is Scott Gross. I am pretty much done with them. Unfortunately, my only other option is Radnor(AirGas). I turned a torch into them for rebuild and they lost it. But their hazmat fee is $5. So what do ya do?
My $0.02...just buy your gas from them, buy your consumables online.

Don't cut your nose off despite your face, you will need gas from either Scott Gross or AirGas. For other stuff you can buy most all of it online if you had to. ;)
Ryan wrote:Even after buying the Rebel and HT Powermax 85 from Scott Gross they rake me over the coals every time i go there it seems like. Im even thinking about driving further to get better service.
Could be worth investigating, but remember, you don't want to be driving too far to get gas, the gas in your car adds up also...

Good luck, we all fight this same battle...I feel your pain, but have a good LWS. Problem is there is only one left, and the rest are AirGas and Praxair... :roll:

Alan
MarkL
    Wed Jun 15, 2016 7:09 pm

Ryan wrote:Unfortunately, my only other option is Radnor(AirGas). I turned a torch into them for rebuild and they lost it. But their hazmat fee is $5. So what do ya do?
I know that fee drives me nuts every time I buy something. My Airgas gives me 15% off because I went through the welding program at the local community college. And they're really helpful. But every time I pay that $5 it makes me grit my teeth.
Lincoln Square Wave 200
Lincoln 225 AC/DC
Harris Oxy/Acetylene torch
jerje
    Sat Nov 11, 2017 12:16 pm

Have you considered a Lincoln 210mp? Jody and his buddy JD Brewer really like it and JD uses it in his business running dual shield almost exclusively. You may have seen it but it is in a number of Jody's videos.
Antorcha
    Fri Dec 06, 2013 8:57 am

I'd send it back and roll out one that will work ;)
P2121544.JPG
P2121544.JPG (45.11 KiB) Viewed 1382 times
Antorcha
    Fri Dec 06, 2013 8:57 am

jerje wrote:Have you considered a Lincoln 210mp? Jody and his buddy JD Brewer really like it and JD uses it in his business running dual shield almost exclusively. You may have seen it but it is in a number of Jody's videos.
Womb Broom® :mrgreen: runs the 210 mostly out. He has a monster in his shop. There's a dude that can gidder done !
Great fabricator.No wonder he and J.C. are tight.
    Wed Jan 22, 2014 12:00 am

Dual shield flux core is one of the most productive processes there is. TIG welding is one of the least. If time is money, I wouldn't replace a MIG/wire feeder with a TIG. Go find a deal on either a Miller 252 or a Lincoln 256. Heck, maybe even buy used and buy more than one so you have a backup. Either that or invest in your own engine drive with a suitcase wire feeder.
Multimatic 255