General welding questions that dont fit in TIG, MIG, Stick, or Certification etc.
1080TWIST
    Mon May 02, 2011 2:23 pm

HI i have been browsing this forum regularly and really love the good technical info that can be found here it is really a great rescource.
I have been a practicing pipe fitter for about ten yrs and a welder for over twenty five. i am prepairing to gear up do food grade thin wall stainless work out of position, repairs and alterations to existing equipment it will be tricky i know , ;) and i want to get the best most controllable tig welder i can afford.
I know the miller dynasty 200dx seems to be the simple answer; however i would like to know if any one who owns one of those foreign jobs is happy with what they can do how they hold up...remember I am talking about a machine with all the bells and whistles ps I have been using a miller shopmaster 300 plain old sinewave machine with an external high freq that is old breaker point technology and always on; so any new inverter based square wave machine is going to seem like a cadillac to me ;)