General welding questions that dont fit in TIG, MIG, Stick, or Certification etc.
Jvineyard51
    Sun Apr 08, 2018 7:16 pm

Hey I need help choosing a new welding helmet
I have a miller digital preformance and it's time for a new one so im stuck in between picking the Miller infinity or the 3m speedglass 9100v the both are around 250 and if this helps any I am a pipe fitter and do tig and stick welding g plz help me out
I need help with deciding what new helmet to buy I am stuck between the Miller infinity or the 3m speedglass 9100v both are around 250 but I don't know what one to get I am a pipe fitter if that helps to any one to help me pick
Plz help out
Coldman
    Mon Dec 15, 2014 2:16 am

Personally I'm not in favour of the speedglas. Too heavy and cumbersome, headgear is annoying too.
Flat out like a lizard drinkin'
Mike Westbrook
    Wed Apr 04, 2018 8:13 pm

Jvineyard51 wrote:Hey I need help choosing a new welding helmet
I have a miller digital preformance and it's time for a new one so im stuck in between picking the Miller infinity or the 3m speedglass 9100v the both are around 250 and if this helps any I am a pipe fitter and do tig and stick welding g plz help me out
I have two Jackson auto dark solar powered helmets lightweight work great good features and only about 70 dollars I would totaly buy another had one for almost five years works like new

Sent from my XT1254 using Tapatalk
Cutting torch hammer and a full vocabulary
    Sat Feb 17, 2018 10:10 pm

I bought the Miller PAPR respirator system last January with the Miller titanium Ti. With the flip up grinding shield. With the respirator it’s ok. But had lots of problem, hinges binding, loosing, really squeaky, headgear seized up after literally 2 days. I took it apart to fix and thought I’ll use it just for regular light work for a bit since I had to take off the air supply and the cloth and whatnot. But dang is it heavy! Out of position work is almost impossible. Plus the silver paint is chipping off it very easily, I’m pretty much done with Miller helmets after this.
Jw3
  • Jw3
    Sat Aug 05, 2017 8:07 pm

When my digital performance hood took a poo, I just bought the 2X4 Miller shade 10 auto lease to go in my tigerhood. The only thing I miss is the cut mode(shade 5) when using my plasma.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
Homemade
    Tue Sep 12, 2017 8:31 am

I hear good things about the Lincoln Viking 3350 helmets. Between the 4c glass and standard size front glass, I wish I would have looked harder before I bought my Miller digital elite. Almost the same price. The digital elite has x-mode which it nice when Tig Welding, btw I got flashed twice with this helmet in weld mode.
Farmwelding
    Thu Mar 10, 2016 11:37 pm

Been using an infiinty for 2 years an now have a T94i that has the new lens. I have also used the inifinty with the new lens that I borrowed from a buddy a couple times. It is a fantastic helmet and I love the headgear. I tried a speedglass a coupke times and I didn't like it at all but that's just me. See if you can try them somewhere to see what you like best for visuals.
A student now but really want to weld everyday. Want to learn everything about everything. Want to become a knower of all and master of none.
Instagram: @farmwelding
Nick

Farmwelding wrote:Been using an infiinty for 2 years an now have a T94i that has the new lens. I have also used the inifinty with the new lens that I borrowed from a buddy a couple times. It is a fantastic helmet and I love the headgear. I tried a speedglass a coupke times and I didn't like it at all but that's just me. See if you can try them somewhere to see what you like best for visuals.
Nick, I too have the DI, but its a few years old so no clearlight lens, what do you think of the difference between the clearlight and pre-clearlight lens on the digital infinity?
Richard
Website