General welding questions that dont fit in TIG, MIG, Stick, or Certification etc.
delraydella
    Mon Apr 25, 2011 7:35 pm

This is a pretty good idea for $8. When I MIG weld, I'm always setting the gun down to make an adjustment here or there, tighten a clamp, put in another piece etc. etc.........whenever I put the gun down the weight of the hose will usually pull it off the table and onto the floor. If I try to wedge it between something, inevitably the trigger will get squeezed and a mile of wire will run off before I notice it, not to mention the gas flow. The MIG gun holder comes with a slotted piece of bent steel to hold the gun and a powerful magnet to place it anywhere you need it. You can always take off the magnet and bolt the holder down somewhere more convenient if you need to.

For some reason I can't get this thing to work with my gun. It keeps slipping through unless I catch it just right . It won't work with a Spoolmatic gun either. It must be designed to use with the guns HF sells on their MIGs.

It didn't work at all for me as it was intended, but it made a really, really good TIG torch holder, especially if you have a long backcap. So it wasn't all wasted.
WeldingSyncrowave 250,Millermatic 252,30a Spoolgun Cutting12" Hi-speed Cutoff Saw, 9x 12 Horizontal Bandsaw MillingGorton 8d Vertical Mill TurningMonarch EE Precision Lathe GrindingBrown & Sharpe #5 Surface Grinder