General welding questions that dont fit in TIG, MIG, Stick, or Certification etc.
delraydella
    Mon Apr 25, 2011 7:35 pm

Personally, calling it a half-assed operation would be giving them too much credit. I'd be tempted to give OSHA a call.
WeldingSyncrowave 250,Millermatic 252,30a Spoolgun Cutting12" Hi-speed Cutoff Saw, 9x 12 Horizontal Bandsaw MillingGorton 8d Vertical Mill TurningMonarch EE Precision Lathe GrindingBrown & Sharpe #5 Surface Grinder
rickbreezy
    Sat Oct 03, 2009 10:08 pm

Well buddy, This is a tough one......

I personally have found Structural steel companies( I have worked for 5 of them I think) to be the most underhanded, seedy, and dangerous companies to work for. Not one of them was better than the next.

No offense, but I also work in a military area(norfolk VA) and I have seen alot of military guys not able to adjust their mindsets and standerds to the terrible conditions, pay, and pretty reguler life threatening circumstances that come with the industry, and well, they don't last very long at all. Not that you are the crazy one, the bossman and the companies are crazy. But the the problem is this: They're all fucking crazy!!!

That said, you kinda hafta get wid it or quit it. At least until you can find something better. The various transpotation industries always seem to treat me pretty well.(airplane maintenence, diesal, railroads, shipyards,ect)

Best of luck to ya,

-Rick