General welding questions that dont fit in TIG, MIG, Stick, or Certification etc.
Wobulate
    Fri Oct 15, 2010 1:30 am

To All,

Since most of us on this forum are always seeking out a better way to accomplish certain tasks, I thought I should mention a website I just found. The website is http://www.swagoffroad.com, and not only do they make custom parts for Jeep Wranglers, they also make special tools for working with/on metal.

For years now I have thought about purchasing a portable band saw, but have not justified the cost for what they do. Take a look at the Swag Off Road website, if you have ever wanted a vertical band saw but did not want to pay $1,000 to $3,000 then the solution is at SOR. When I first looked at the pictures of their Portaband saw table I knew this was the fixture I needed to make a portable band saw useful to me. This table (1/4" plate steel and aluminum) with the portable band saw is the perfect setup for making precise cuts in metal of all types, including curves. They also make many other useful products.

Here is a picture of the stand.
Two_Units_from_SWAG.JPG
Two_Units_from_SWAG.JPG (73.7 KiB) Viewed 960 times
Wob :mrgreen:
WOB
Lincoln,Precision TIG225
Miller,Millermatic 251
Miller,Spoolmatic 30A
Miller,Millermatic 130XP
Miller,Spectrum 625
Miller,Thunderbolt 225AC
KMG,Belt Grinder/2x72