General welding questions that dont fit in TIG, MIG, Stick, or Certification etc.
    Wed Aug 21, 2019 5:43 pm

JayWal wrote:I wonder if there are no reviews because you’re the first to buy them [emoji848]

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

This could be so true. That's exactly why I'm asking you guys about opinions. I do not want to be the first person to buy something. I usually read lots of reviews and make careful purchases. I can't be the only one?

I contacted Certi Flat today and told them that there was a thread on this forum about the Fab Horse. I told them I could not find any reviews on the internet and wondered if they could point me to any reviews that they are aware of.

Thank you for making that comment because that comment is the root of my question. Am I going to be the first smuck to buy this thing?

Another thing I'm realizing while typing now. There is a good chance that the people who are against Certi Flat have never worked with fixtures before. I understand the power because I bought all kinds of gadgets when I ordered my first table. These gadgets utilize that hole system and turn an ordinary table into a super table. The 2' x 4' table I own is the direct heart of my shop. It is a treasure that I actually enjoy touching. I had a machinist work on some custom fixtures for it. I'm really looking forward to getting my 2' x 3' sit down GTAW table from them.
Learning is the best part of life and the most painful
    Sun Sep 22, 2013 10:14 am

Is this really the proper forum for you?
Everlast 250EX
Miller 250 syncrowave
Sharp LMV Vertical Mill
Takisawa TSL-800-D Lathe
Coupla Bandsaws,Grinders,surface grinder,tool/cutter grinder
and more stuff than I deserve(Thanks Significant Other)

rick9345 wrote:Is this really the proper forum for you?

Probably not. It appears we are having a difficult time with the fact that materials cost lots of money where I live. All of the steel i have purchased thus far has been bought online. Because the local suppliers are more than double the cost.

This is hard for some people to believe. The Fab Horses that I might buy. For one I own some expensive fixtures that would fit the hole pattern of the Fab Horse. Also ht e Fab Horses delivered to my home are cheaper than buying raw steel and having the raw steel delivered to my home. This is because Certi Flat has free shipping.

Also I'm responsible for a lot of stuff and it is incredible handy to not have another fab project. You are asking what would be the big deal about making these horses. They are easy except one part. The holes need to be accurate within thousands of an inch in order for my expensive fixtures to fit and work properly. Also besides the holes all the other steel would need to be cut. On top of the fact that the materials would cost more than the kit.

Here are two ways you guys could help my wife and I. first would be to give us a first hand account of the Fab Horse. This could help us decide whether to buy or not. Second, if you know a steel supplier who has decent prices without the %100 mark up please share.

Nobody can beat me up about the Fab Horse prices anymore unless you actually find me materials for cheaper. If you can fabricate stainless steel horses that I can use my fixtures and have a similar cost as the steel fab horses then I might buy them. But I need accurate spaced holes for my fixtures.

I'm no longer reading this thread. The first guy who responded killed the joy. I started a new thread and hope he does not participate. He hates store bought horses. And I think I love them.

That's the last I will ever see this thread.
    Sat Feb 17, 2018 10:10 pm

[emoji112]

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
    Sun Sep 22, 2013 10:14 am

all situations different, places and experience need to be respected NOT slammed.
Everlast 250EX
Miller 250 syncrowave
Sharp LMV Vertical Mill
Takisawa TSL-800-D Lathe
Coupla Bandsaws,Grinders,surface grinder,tool/cutter grinder
and more stuff than I deserve(Thanks Significant Other)