General welding questions that dont fit in TIG, MIG, Stick, or Certification etc.
    Wed Aug 21, 2019 5:43 pm

Any tricks to becoming a member of that forum.

Are they not accepting any new members. Some of these mysteries are not obvious.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
Learning is the best part of life and the most painful
    Thu Dec 26, 2013 12:41 am

No tricks, it must be your browser or something else. The Register Process works just fine from here. Might want to post a screenshot of what you actually see so we can see what you can see.

Oscar,

Thanks for reply, have decided to stay away from that forum. From information I received today I will not be ever partaking.

Going to hang low and just make new posts. I don't think I will ever ask any more questions on this forum for some time. Got to see how I feel later.

It has been very humorous for my wife and I both, to have such an effect on the guy who does not like Certi Flat. The first thing my wife said was " The metal saw horse he wants you to make does't have any holes in the top for your fixtures"

All I wanted was the opinion of someone with experience with the Fab Horse. Instead I have a guy who is insane about building his own trying to drive any real person with experience on the Fab Horse from ever getting a chance to chime in.

Can you imagine what he would say about one of my $2,000 lenses. Would drive him nuts! I have a lens that costs as much as you Invertig. And he is worried about a $200 metal Fab Horse.
tweake
    Mon Dec 18, 2017 4:53 am

just need to wear a flame suit.
all forums can be a bit rough at times. just ignore the trolls.
tweak it until it breaks

I’m gone. It’s not worth trying to explain my methods. I deleted most of my posts. I’m a geek and my ideas have always gotten certain people mad.

What was I thinking? It’s the freaking internet.

VA-Sawyer
    Tue Jul 31, 2018 12:56 am

Wow! That was not fun. Maybe now the forum can get back to normal.
No sense dying with unused welding rod, so light 'em up!
noddybrian
    Thu Jan 24, 2013 12:13 pm

+1 glad he's going - this forum is usually so friendly.
kiwi2wheels
    Sun Feb 17, 2013 10:27 am

noddybrian wrote:+1 glad he's going - this forum is usually so friendly.
+2

It's unfortunate that the Forum's manage " Friends and Foes " setting does not seem to have the " Foes " option enabled.........

Radishfever wrote:Oscar,

Thanks for reply, have decided to stay away from that forum. From information I received today I will not be ever partaking.

Going to hang low and just make new posts. I don't think I will ever ask any more questions on this forum for some time. Got to see how I feel later.

Can you imagine what he would say about one of my $2,000 lenses. Would drive him nuts! I have a lens that costs as much as you Invertig. And he is worried about a $200 metal Fab Horse.
Just in case you read this, I kinda understand how you feel. Us hobbyists are almost like outsider's-looking-in in welding forums. 99% of the time, professional welders do things because they have to out of job necessity, so when they see hobbyists spending their own hard earned money on things they don't always need, it's sometimes very difficult for them to grasp the logic/reasoning behind it. I hardly ask questions myself, because I spend 99.5% of my time on welding forums reading, and perhaps 0.2-0.5% asking questions.

You will always get responses that have that same "tone", in the sense of "why are you doing that if you don't need it?" kind of thing. The vast majority of the time it's all friendly, but it all comes from the missing information that is usually too detailed to post in the original query, so most new posts are necessarily shortened to avoid telling one's life-story in every single new post. I just try to shrug it off, explain a little bit, and move on. I can't and won't explain every single time how I came to be in the position that I am now, because there will always be someone new to the forum who won't know about it.

As for expensive hobbies, yes that one is one I deal with on a constant basis, for what ever reason. I don't know if people automatically think hobbyist = not too informed and relatively low-income, or whatever, but a lot of people in general, not just in the forums, can't easily relate to me. I'm relatively young (40), not married, no kids, make a good living, no health problems (other than sleep apnea), not too much debt, no gray hairs (◄ that's the best part, lol). I suppose it's a rare combination of traits that leaves people literally bewildered as to how I can own what I own that they can't justify. Some people can't see how it just boils down to everyone being different than themselves. Yes, I like to brag at times, but hey, I worked my way through college, and I work damn hard for my money, nothing gets handed to me. If I wanna spoil myself rotten, it's of no one's concern other than myself. The rest of the time it's just jealousy. :lol:

It reminds me of a George Carlin [sarcastic] punch-line. I can't remember the joke, but it went something like

"anybody that drives faster than you is a raging lunatic, and anybody that drive slower than you is a freaking moron, because you're the only person on the road that knows what he is doing".

If you read between the lines, I think his message was that, people can sometimes only see their situation, and it is difficult for them to see others' situations that might be drastically different from theirs. Or they do see that others' situation is different, but still can't grasp why. There's just too much of a disparity in their opinions/views/beliefs/perogatives/etc that they will never "get it", and it happens to all of us in all aspects of life. Best you can do is to try and shrug it off, because you'll never get the "raging lunatic" to slow down his driving, and you'll never get the "freaking moron" to speed up to at least the speed limit. In their eyes, what they do is normal, for they see everyone else as either a "freaking moron" or a "raging lunatic", and round and round we go! :lol:

As for welding web, I like it there. I can take it if they can! 8-)
    Fri Apr 01, 2011 10:59 pm

Jeepers. Take a couple of days off and the lunatics take over the asylum... Righto boys, show me on the doll where who hurt who?
    Sat Feb 17, 2018 10:10 pm

weldin mike 27 wrote:Jeepers. Take a couple of days off and the lunatics take over the asylum... Righto boys, show me on the doll where who hurt who?
Well there was a lot of mention about grabbing balls on some of his other threads....

VA-Sawyer

Welcome back Mike. You was missed.

Nothing more dangerous than a person who likes to type but has a slightly skewed sense of the world. Anyone know if there was any other people involved that may have deleted posts? Some of it seems like he was fighting himself.

I think it was just in that Certiflat saw horse thread.
VA-Sawyer

Mike,
I disagree with your use of the word 'slightly'.
kiwi2wheels
    Sun Feb 17, 2013 10:27 am

VA-Sawyer wrote:Mike,
I disagree with your use of the word 'slightly'.
:D +1
Ballistic308
    Fri Jul 12, 2019 10:56 pm

This continued slander can stop.

We have a certain way of communicating here at the forum. Most people, including these new guys understand it. I don't the any actual slander is happening to anyone who hasn't already slandered themselves.