General welding questions that dont fit in TIG, MIG, Stick, or Certification etc.
Mitchie23
    Mon Feb 17, 2020 11:16 pm

Hi There, beginner here and I've been practicing MIG and TIG welding. We know safety is of utmost priority. I'm planning to replace my old cowhide gloves handed over by an old friend. So far I'm seeing good reviews about Lincoln and Tillman - (thewiredshopper.com/best-welding-gloves-to-buy) What would you recommend?
    Sat Feb 17, 2018 10:10 pm

Tillmans work good for me. Their leather ones ones tho, they have some available made of a thinner cloth or some very light material, which gives you better feel but they leave fuzzy residue everywhere till they're broken in. Bugs the heck out of me

Sent from my SM-G970W using Tapatalk
    Wed Jan 22, 2014 12:00 am

Multimatic 255
    Thu Dec 26, 2013 12:41 am

Now a days I mostly use some Tilman driver's gloves for all processes with heat shields. I find regular MIG/stick gloves do not give the dexterity I need to use the slider amptrols on my welders.

If you want to support Jody he has gloves that look very similar to the Tilmans, there is a link to his store at the top of this page
Richard
Website
    Tue Dec 13, 2016 9:24 pm

I use these https://www.millerwelds.com/safety/glov ... ves-m00467 for stick and MIG, though the stick ones I have have a much longer sleeve so I can lean on stuff but they don't show them anymore.

for tig I use these https://www.millerwelds.com/safety/glov ... air-279897
if there's a welder, there's a way
    Thu Dec 26, 2013 12:41 am

I mainly just got tired of demolishing $20 gloves with so little use! The back gets burned up, and the seams unravel if you handle too heavy stuff with them as you're welding stuff up. Rather do that to cheap gloves, lol.