General welding questions that dont fit in TIG, MIG, Stick, or Certification etc.
Wildwelder96
    Fri Apr 03, 2020 10:51 pm

Do any of you guys own a plasma cutter that cost you less than a $1000? If so what kind was it and how thick of metal can you cut with it?
Poland308
    Thu Sep 10, 2015 8:45 pm

I cheaped out and spent about $500 on a Chinese 50 amp and a lot of extra consumables. It cuts about up to 3/8, but it only cuts about 12 inches of clean shiny metal before tripping the internal overload. Rust or painted metal better figure about 3 inches at a time on thick stuff. I got the one that doesn’t need The tip in contact to work it can do a pilot arc.
I have more questions than answers

Josh
snoeproe
    Sat Dec 09, 2017 11:37 am

Wildwelder96 wrote:Do any of you guys own a plasma cutter that cost you less than a $1000? If so what kind was it and how thick of metal can you cut with it?
You will be highly disappointed with a machine that meets these requirements. You don't get much for that. Save more money and buy a reputable machine from a good company. You will be much happier with the performance, reliability and consumable life of the machine.
Simclardy
    Mon Jul 24, 2017 9:41 pm

No. Hypotherm powermax65

Sent from my SM-G930V using Tapatalk