General welding questions that dont fit in TIG, MIG, Stick, or Certification etc.
    Fri Apr 01, 2011 10:59 pm

I've been back for a day now and have just read a disturbing post report. I like to keep these things like a workshop, that is, we don't have to agree on everything and be all hunky dory about everything. But we do need to be civil to each other. That means no person attacks, comments or personal messages to degrade or attack another person. If you don't agree, say just that. State your opinion and how it differs and thats it. Do not go slandering and carrying on like a pork chop because you don't get your information across. We can and will ban people who don't play nice with the other kids.

Hopefully we don't have to act on this issue.
VA-Sawyer
    Tue Jul 31, 2018 12:56 am

I guess that I missed it. Unless it was something that I posted and was taken wrong. If that is the case, I apologize.
No sense dying with unused welding rod, so light 'em up!
Spartan
    Fri Mar 06, 2020 8:59 pm

It does seem much friendlier around here the past couple days. The condescending, passive aggressive, and snarky comments seem to be at a low. At least from my view.
    Thu Dec 26, 2013 12:41 am

Spartan wrote:It does seem much friendlier around here the past couple days. The condescending, passive aggressive, and snarky comments seem to be at a low. At least from my view.
I've notice that too. Hopefully it's a permanent change.
DavidR8
    Fri Apr 17, 2020 12:50 am

Indeed.
As a newcomer to the group, the snark factor was off putting.
Much better now. Let’s hope it stays like this. Friendly is good.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
David
Millermatic 130
Primeweld 225

This was the best forum on the net. Not sure where it started to get like all the rest, but let's bring in back.
noddybrian
    Thu Jan 24, 2013 12:13 pm

Glad your back Mike - the problem is if you have no moderation bad things happen once the xenon decays !
    Thu Dec 26, 2013 12:41 am

noddybrian wrote:Glad your back Mike - the problem is if you have no moderation bad things happen once the xenon decays !
Exactly. That is sorta what I tell the newbie/relatively new teachers at my school. The kids will run you over and crucify you if you don't let them know you're the boss, and it's your classroom rules and there's no changing them. How easy you want to make your school year is up to you (told to the student).
VA-Sawyer
    Tue Jul 31, 2018 12:56 am

Careful there Oscar, we might totally agree on that. Teachers should control the students.
I will also say that parents need to control their kids. I see too many cases of kids running out of control.
No sense dying with unused welding rod, so light 'em up!

The lunatics are in charge of the asylum. Just be nice while you are going crazy.

The ban list has been updated. Hopefully no one else needs to be put on it.
    Wed Apr 06, 2011 11:30 am

I visit another site (forums), where theres a number of members who, if they ever met in person, there'd be a homicide. Or two!
I've never run across anything even approaching them here.
The other site? Its funny! And fun.

Look! a hole in the space-time continuum!
    Wed Apr 06, 2011 11:30 am

I visit another site (forums), where theres a number of members who, if they ever met in person, there'd be a homicide. Or two!

Look! a hole in the space-time continuum!
BugHunter
    Sun Apr 19, 2020 12:54 pm

cornmuse wrote:I visit another site (forums), where theres a number of members who, if they ever met in person, there'd be a homicide. Or two!
:lol: :lol: :lol:

I used to frequent a forum where there were a number of homicides. Several suicides... A murder/suicide or two...

To say there was an eclectic mix of users, would be an understatement. :D
It was admittedly a far larger forum than this. But yes, the interwebz is serious business!

That's what surprise me about this forum when I joined. Normally they are a train wreck. This one is simply good. That's why we need to preserve our community.
Poland308
    Thu Sep 10, 2015 8:45 pm

weldin mike 27 wrote:That's what surprise me about this forum when I joined. Normally they are a train wreck. This one is simply good. That's why we need to preserve our community.
Thank you for being an admin.
I have more questions than answers

Josh

No problem mate
globilly
    Tue Sep 19, 2017 3:15 pm

It's the old bell curve, plus communicating in writing can be awkward. I'm glad the theme here is respect. Otherwise how can I ask my dumb newbie questions?

Ever tried? Ever failed? No matter. Try again. Fail again. Fail better.
- Samuel Beckett (non-welder)
Ever tried? Ever failed? No matter. Try again. Fail again. Fail better.
- Samuel Beckett (non-welder)