General welding questions that dont fit in TIG, MIG, Stick, or Certification etc.
Spartan
    Fri Mar 06, 2020 8:59 pm

Just an FYI. The back tensioner knob fell apart on me twice with Lincoln’s newest headgear. Did a warranty claim the second time around which they sent new headgear quickly and with no fuss. But the dealer rep told me it’s been an issue with their X6, but the replacements have fixed the problem. So if you have the X6 and the knob breaks just reach out to Lincoln and they’ll get you squared away.

It's good that they took care of that so quick, so besides that what is your opinion of their 4th gen 3350? What other auto darkening hoods do/have you used?
Richard
Website
Spartan

I have a 3rd gen and a 4th gen 3350 (bought the second one for a guy that helps me with overflow work). They're both fantastic. Little difference between the two other than cosmetic, but the 4th did come with the X6 head gear, whereas I purchased the X6 upgrade for the 3rd gen sometime later. Other than those, the only other two auto darkening hoods I have/have used are of the local hardware store type, and I do still use my beloved Kobalt AD hood for any MIG/Stick work since it is the most comfortable for me in long term use (it's incredibly light weight), but doesn't have the clarity I like for TIG. My old fixed shade hoods have both had the lenses swapped out to clear for grinding use, so I guess I technically don't own any fixed shades anymore.

Saving up my Francs to get an Optrel Crystal 2.0 just as soon as one of the 3350s gives out :lol:
BillE.Dee
    Mon Nov 27, 2017 8:53 pm

Tony, did you find that the X6 headgear to be more comfortable than the headgear that came with the 3rd gen hood? I've got a spot on my head that is getting more sensitive to pressure,,,,like from my nose .. up
Spartan

BillE.Dee wrote:Tony, did you find that the X6 headgear to be more comfortable than the headgear that came with the 3rd gen hood? I've got a spot on my head that is getting more sensitive to pressure,,,,like from my nose .. up
Yes, quite a bit more comfortable.