General welding questions that dont fit in TIG, MIG, Stick, or Certification etc.
VA-Sawyer
    Tue Jul 31, 2018 12:56 am

Hope you folks are doing Ok. Stay safe, and warm.
No sense dying with unused welding rod, so light 'em up!
LanceR
    Sun Sep 21, 2014 5:32 pm

Welcome from Pinnacle, North Carolina.
LanceR

Miller Multimatic 255
Hypertherm Powermax45 XP
Heck Bevel Mill 4000
Ace fume extractor
Welding/cutting/brazing torches
    Thu Dec 26, 2013 12:41 am

LanceR wrote:Welcome from Pinnacle, North Carolina.
VA-Sawyer isn't new though :lol:

VA-Sawyer, thanks for the shout-out. Luckily neither me nor any of my local family has been affected by power/water outages. My sister and her family in Austin didn't far so well as they had rolling black-outs, but it hasn't been too bad in her neighborhood. I'm ready for several days; I have the generator full of gasoline (8gal) and an additional 20gal of gas in gas cans. All my house is electric, my fridge is stocked, my pantry is stocked, my garage subpanel that feeds the house is ready to be re-routed to my Texas Power Strip so I can still have warm showers, so long as there is water pressure.
VA-Sawyer
    Tue Jul 31, 2018 12:56 am

I wasn't worried too much about you Oscar. I figured you was serving hot Brisket meals to your neighbors, along with cold beer. Suprised that you only have 20 gals of gas in cans. I figured you for at least 50.
Still, it was nice to see that you still have internet. Hope your relatives get through this Ok.

The fact that other Texas members haven't responded is a bit concerning. I hope it isn't anything worse than loss of internet for them.
No sense dying with unused welding rod, so light 'em up!
    Thu Dec 26, 2013 12:41 am

VA-Sawyer wrote:I wasn't worried too much about you Oscar. I figured you was serving hot Brisket meals to your neighbors, along with cold beer. Suprised that you only have 20 gals of gas in cans. I figured you for at least 50.
Still, it was nice to see that you still have internet. Hope your relatives get through this Ok.

The fact that other Texas members haven't responded is a bit concerning. I hope it isn't anything worse than loss of internet for them.
We haven't had a single black-out, so it's a good sign, and my house keeps the heat in real well. Even when it was 18°F outside, inside never went below 66°F, and didn't even have the heater running. I mean I do have eight 1,200W amplifiers in my stereo system, so that may have something to do with it as well :)
WTXOffroader
    Thu Feb 06, 2020 7:04 pm

We haven't lost power so far. I guess living in a forgotten town has its advantages sometimes.

We lost water at the shop in town for a day and a half, but thats been it.

Some of the surrounding towns got hit pretty hard with power outages. There are some people that still don't have power or water.

Sent from my SM-T837V using Tapatalk