General welding questions that dont fit in TIG, MIG, Stick, or Certification etc.
    Mon Feb 26, 2018 1:52 am

Hey folks,

Anyone have recommendations to where they buy ornamental pieces like scrolls and basket twists and stuff like that? There seems like all the places I quickly googled were out of stock of everything as well, does anyone make their own?

Thanks,
kiwi2wheels
    Sun Feb 17, 2013 10:27 am

This outfit make some useful DIY tooling.

https://shopoutfitters.com/product/orb- ... er-bender/
cj737
    Thu Sep 29, 2016 8:59 am

Thanks guys. King metals was where I was looking actually. Their products seem good, but wow that freight charge seemed pricey.
Spartan
    Fri Mar 06, 2020 8:59 pm

I'd think you'd have the local pick of the litter being in CA. Figured they'd be the ornamental iron capital of the world with all those mansions. Even the lower-end neighborhoods seem to be covered in it over your way.
kiwi2wheels

Duplicate
Last edited by kiwi2wheels on Mon Feb 22, 2021 7:18 pm, edited 1 time in total.
kiwi2wheels

kiwi2wheels wrote:
Spartan wrote:I'd think you'd have the local pick of the litter being in CA. Figured they'd be the ornamental iron capital of the world with all those mansions. Even the lower-end neighborhoods seem to be covered in it over your way.
You are referring to the security gratings ................. ? :twisted:
Spartan
    Fri Mar 06, 2020 8:59 pm

kiwi2wheels wrote:
kiwi2wheels wrote:
Spartan wrote:I'd think you'd have the local pick of the litter being in CA. Figured they'd be the ornamental iron capital of the world with all those mansions. Even the lower-end neighborhoods seem to be covered in it over your way.
You are referring to the security gratings ................. ? :twisted:
LOL. Maybe not quite that low-end. But I have seen plenty of window bars that the owner did spruce up with some ornamental bits :lol:

Lol ya, you have to factor in CA cost of living. I can probably find a local iron shop to make me a few but it might cost 5x the price due to cost of living. Its just like buying used tools here. You can get the same thing anywhere else in the country at a fraction of the price.