General welding questions that dont fit in TIG, MIG, Stick, or Certification etc.
JHenze646
    Thu Sep 08, 2016 1:44 pm

Does anybody have recommendations for a great pair of boots for in the shop?
I need to get a new pair of safety toe boots but don’t need insulated or waterproof. The trend seems to be toward sneakers but those don’t seem very flame resistant.

Thanks for the recommendation s in advance
Spartan
    Fri Mar 06, 2020 8:59 pm

Keen makes several models that are the "sneaker" type and have the option to have either composite or aluminum toes instead of steel. Very comfortable when having to wear them all day and they are my go-to for light-duty, indoor work. Great option if your situation allows the use of those types.

For the heavy duty outdoor-type work, I love my Timberland steel toes. I've been abusing them for about 13 years and they still keep going. Lots of scars on them, but still 100% intact and useable. Can't beat that. I also have a pair of nice Redwings, but they play second fiddle to those Timberlands.
Poland308
    Thu Sep 10, 2015 8:45 pm

https://www.theunionbootpro.com/

Best boots I have bought. I have bought several styles through them. They own Carolina and keen. And several other brands. They own some sock companies I’ve been happy with them as well. They even have an insole company that I use exclusively in all my boots.
I have more questions than answers

Josh
G-ManBart
    Sat Aug 01, 2020 11:24 am

I've been wearing nothing but Redwing safety toe boots for around ten years now...two pairs that I alternate. They are both from the made in the U.S. line and I think they're worth every penny. A coworker won't wear a leather boot/shoe and gets the imported Redwing sneaker style and they barely last him a year....way more expensive over the long haul.
Miller Syncrowave 250DX TIGRunner
Miller Millermatic 350P
Miller Regency 200 W/22A and Spoolmatic 3
Hobart Champion Elite
Everlast PowerTIG 210EXT
krsholl
    Sun Aug 01, 2021 4:42 pm

Ariat Catalyst VX square toed with composite toe.

Comfortable cowboy style boot that has held up phenomenally to a metalworking environment. Not cool footwear for the summer, mind you. But they offer great protection.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk