General welding questions that dont fit in TIG, MIG, Stick, or Certification etc.
martinr
    Thu Dec 23, 2010 3:45 pm

I saw one of Jody’s old videos and he mentions the sharemyweld app. However, it’s not in the (Apple) store and a search suggests it possibly didn’t take off, which is a crying shame. It seemed such a great idea: something you could instantly refer to to set you off on the right track.

And I can’t see anything like it. Anyone know what became of it and whether or not there are plans to resurrect it?

The app had a very unique back-end which required us to partner with a third party for some of its core functions. The company we partnered with to build that part of the app shut its doors, and we didn't have the resources to rebuild it ourselves (we're a very small family business). What they offered was very specific and we've yet to find a suitable replacement. We decided to table it until we can do it the right way.

Thanks so much for your interest though. Dad (Jody) and I have had plenty of conversations about how best to bring it back, and we'll be sure to let everyone know when/if it does.

-Joey
martinr
    Thu Dec 23, 2010 3:45 pm

Thank you, Joey. That makes perfect sense: better right than a half-baked product. Such an app would be the modern equivalent of the old, oil-soaked pocket books that engineers would carry for quick access to a knowledge base.

Please be sure to tell your dad that he’s my hero, and that I’ve learned more in any one of his videos than I have from all the many welding courses put together that I’ve ever attended. And I’m not exaggerating.