General welding questions that dont fit in TIG, MIG, Stick, or Certification etc.
    Thu Oct 15, 2020 4:58 pm

I've never seen a discussion of www.kickstarter.com here, but I figured y'all might enjoy this:
https://www.kickstarter.com/projects/ye ... 608G5nY04s

I'm not exactly hopping in line to test drive one of these, but I find the innovation to be pretty intriguing. Off the top of my head, only Everlast makes something similar.

I can say that my Amazon $109 DekoPro 160i leaves me hopeful that this will turn out to be useful. I don't ever use the little machine when I am at home, but it makes the 300 mile road trip to my mom's farm at least once a quarter. While there, it does it's job without taking up too much room or subjecting my nicer gear to road abuse.

Before you fault these guys too badly, look at their funding ratio at the top of the page. I think the big name brands might be leaving a market segment unsupported.

Fire away...

Cheers, Alan
tweake
    Mon Dec 18, 2017 4:53 am

neat way of doing a pre order and testing the market.

as far as the machine goes, its not that big of a deal. its only the typical cheap 3in1 with plasma added. doesn't look like its got dual gas etc, no HF or pulse.
tho a good deal at that price point.
tweak it until it breaks
    Thu Dec 26, 2013 12:41 am

Let's all pitch in so I can buy one and test it out! :D
Toggatug
    Sat Mar 25, 2017 12:06 pm

I am curious about that little unit, if anyone gets one make sure to do a review!

Also curious about the other brand that keeps popping up in ads called kicking horse.

The kicking horse ones are dirt cheap for what they claim to do so obviously im skeptical they do it well/for long.

Sent from my Pixel 3a using Tapatalk

Thu Dec 26, 2013 12:41 am

It's kinda amazing what is available out there now a days at the current price points. Even with inflation, material costs rising for all sorts of stuff, these things get cheaper by the hour. Tomorrow you can buy a 500A stick welder the size of 1-liter bottle of soda pop, but it will only put out 350A :lol: