General welding questions that dont fit in TIG, MIG, Stick, or Certification etc.
FeelgoodFab
    Mon Apr 10, 2017 8:36 pm

Hey everyone, fairly new in terms of actually being on the forum. Just wondering if there is someone out there that could help me out. I’ve been a welder/fabricator for the past 5 years or so (predominately tig) and I’m thinking about my next move career wise. And I would love to get into aerospace work or something similar, fine detail medical equipment etc. I’m having a lot of trouble trying to find any jobs or how even to get into aerospace here in Australia. I know it’s probably not as big of an industry here like it is in the U.S. If someone here is in that industry in Aus, I’d love some advise on how to get into it or who I can talk to. I’m not necessarily asking anyone here to get me a job but just how I could get one. Any advice much appreciated.
Cheers 👍🏼
Gdarc21
    Wed Aug 04, 2021 6:44 am

Whereabouts in Australia?
If you are looking for something, east coast try aerodromes. Anywhere light planes are meeting for events etc. You will usually find guys who have a RAMEs phone number somewhere. Best bet is try defence contractors or defence itself. A lot of the commercial airlines go offshore. So your options are slimmer. Regional Australia has guys who are qualified hiding in workshops everywhere just finding them is the issue, A quick phone around aerodromes should yield some numbers mate.
Gdarc21
    Wed Aug 04, 2021 6:44 am

LAME's sorry for the typo.
FeelgoodFab
    Mon Apr 10, 2017 8:36 pm

Thanks for your response mate, that’s a great idea, I’ll have a look around.
I have considered defence too just don’t know any of those either and would’ve thought they would stay hidden from general public?
I’m based in Victoria, which with lockdowns atm, it’s a bit hard to do anything. Potentially will be moving to Queensland in a year or two. So I don’t know if that would be easier or harder up there?
Cheers 🍻