General welding questions that dont fit in TIG, MIG, Stick, or Certification etc.
BugHunter
    Sun Apr 19, 2020 12:54 pm

Looks good.
Oscar wrote: Thu Nov 11, 2021 1:08 pmI still need to protect the wiring that comes out from the transformer, but for now it's no big deal as I don't work anywhere near there.
Liquitight
    Thu Dec 26, 2013 12:41 am

I don't think I can get that to work, because I didn't think it through enough.....that's why the breakers are there :lol:
sbaker56
    Sat Feb 08, 2020 12:12 am

My welding teacher had a somewhat similar 20hp motor setup to run his 3 phase shop equipment, 240v single phase to 480v 3 phase, so it's not as uncommon as it might seem, not sure if it was quite as complicated as yours though :D. Other's here are a lot more familiar with 3 phase setups than I am, so I'll leave it to their expertise, as I'd likely not bother with a breaker myself apart from the one wired to the converter itself.

Let me just say that 480v just scares me though :shock: I've occasionally gotten bit by 120v wiring stuff up over the last few years, though I've never gotten it across the chest, you'd definitely not be walking away from a mistake with 480V
Poland308
    Thu Sep 10, 2015 8:45 pm

Actually, on 480 your more likely to loose a finger if you go phase to phase, but only get a 120 shock to ground.
I have more questions than answers

Josh